Prophet - Hmmm...

Jan 28, 2009
Well I downloaded this and have been fiddling with it for about an afternoon, lol, so can't really say I've got extensive experience with this specific handling, but it is very easy to pick up, and requires minimal practice to get the sleights correct. Naturally handling the bills is the main issue, and the only thing that can realistically get you rumbled. Practice basically makes perfect as with all magic.

As a preface, this trick is -old- but the handling and the technique in the video are absolutely -new-. (With the newness being the high impact nature of the change.) I am familiar with the effects referenced in the video, and have even performed them more than once, but still bought this for the handling, which is truly novel and a fantastic addition to your bill change repertoire.

You can hand out most of the bills if you have a desire to risk someone walking away with several hundred bucks, for examination at the end of the effect if you so desire. If your misdirection is good enough you can do all kinds of stuff involving multiple instances of the gimmick, like paper into 1s, then 1s into hundreds using handing out of one of the bills as a bit of a distraction tactic in the middle. (I've done that before with an older handling of a similar trick.)

Basically this is a handling that makes a bill change innately more performable and it is a jaw dropper when done correctly. I basically marked out at my performance in a mirror, and thoroughly confused the person that sold me a sandwich at lunch time. You can fool yourself with it. It's short, sharp and to the point and is a good impromptu effect for louder situations where perhaps you don't have time for a huge amount of protracted chatter. (Night club situation, then you pay for a beer with one of the changed notes, that don't have to be 100s for the record.) You can also spend the money afterwords, even if it is 'effected' by the gimmick.

As with any change, it requires practice and dedication to make it second nature, so you aren't thinking....I do this, and then I do that, but rather you just think about the change and it happens without any thought at all. This isn't a hard sleight to learn, but it does deserve a lot of time as its so powerful you don't want it to be in any way compromised by thinking about it too much.

It plays well into routines too, and I would imagine this variation works well in a bar room situation, or if you're performing some table magic.

The teaching here is good and detailed with some awesome pointers on handling and audience management. He makes a good point regarding people's propensity to grab thing, even cards to ruin an effect if they're that kind of a person. The use of cash money makes that propensity even higher.

A good effect basically and I recommend buying it thoroughly, even if you've seen similar effects and haven't clocked the handling.

in the vid he talks about some tips on how to make the gimmick. like using an iron to get flatter bills n such. use thoes tips and you'll have a great gimmick. also get some new bills from the bank. they will be easyer to use

Jan 28, 2009
It took me about half an hour to make and get exact. It's not hard at all. Anyone who ever did basic craft stuff as a child should be able to knock it together with no difficulty at all.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results