Protect the History of Magic [Help?]

Jun 29, 2015
Hey y'all!

I'm in the process of writing an essay on the importance of protecting magicians' creations under federal law. Yes, this stems from HR 642. My proposal is very similar.

Anyways, I could use your help. I've been trying to find a source (in the public domain) where a magician goes over the process of creating a trick (ideally a famous trick like cutting a woman in half or something iconic for non-magicians to recognize). So anything from Chris Kenner speaking about the creation of something for Copperfield to one of Blaine's consultants for one of his big specials.

Any help, ideas or links would be greatly appreciated.

Please note: I'm not trying to expose the method of an effect, but rather trying to draw a parallel between the creation process of a magic to trick to the creation process of a art form that IS protected under the law. Any other questions? Just ask!

Thanks - Quinn

Jan 26, 2017
Virginia
Jay Sankey goes over how he made the CN Tower vanish!
Here is the normal one from his YouTube channel (Just as a heads up, there is some profane language):

Here is the directors cut, also on his channel (almost the same thing, but more in depth. Still has some profane language) :

He also explains why he chose to reveal it in this blog/newsletter:

http://archive.aweber.com/awlist385...tm?BHT-efb6d272-459a-4bae-a874-964d291dde88.7

Good Luck!

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
Jim Steinmeyer's book Hiding the Elephant discusses the creation of a number of effects. It is a great book to read.

You might find this interesting, it is the link for Jim Steinmeyer's patent for Op Art.

There were a number of articles written for Genii Magazine over the last year or so talking about legal protections for magic. I you send me a PM with you e-mail address, I'll send you copies of the articles.

Jun 29, 2015
Jay Sankey goes over how he made the CN Tower vanish!
Here is the normal one from his YouTube channel (Just as a heads up, there is some profane language):

Here is the directors cut, also on his channel (almost the same thing, but more in depth. Still has some profane language) :

He also explains why he chose to reveal it in this blog/newsletter:

http://archive.aweber.com/awlist385...tm?BHT-efb6d272-459a-4bae-a874-964d291dde88.7

Good Luck!
Thanks mate! I'm gonna use excerpts from the first video in my essay. Thanks again, you were super helpful!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results