"Proteus" variation

Apr 27, 2008
Norway
Try to hold the card less tensely before the change. If it really were one card, you would probably not hold it with four fingers and snap it so harshly with your thumb.

That's all I have to say for now...All right!

G

Mar 26, 2009
Arizona
Try to hold the card less tensely before the change. If it really were one card, you would probably not hold it with four fingers and snap it so harshly with your thumb.

That's all I have to say for now...All right!

G

yeah i agree, my only problem is that when i hold the card with 2 fingers or closer to the corner, i cant get the cards to clear eachother. I'll work on the naturalness. What about the control did you suspect anything?

Apr 27, 2008
Norway
yeah i agree, my only problem is that when i hold the card with 2 fingers or closer to the corner, i cant get the cards to clear eachother. I'll work on the naturalness. What about the control did you suspect anything?

I didn't suspect anything (even though I do know how it's done), but I would go for the original control, like TokyoUW called out.

G

Mar 26, 2009
Arizona
i like the BTS control and i use it sometimes. My problem with the routine is the reversal phase (not the reversal itself as that is very deceptive). Since the specs card is supposed to be in the middle, and you are riffling down the middle of the deck, what is the justification for this phase? Its been a while since i looked through the book, but doesnt mr. earick suggest that you offer to let the spec find his card, and the odds of that, but with a magician friend who needs luck? I think this is kinda cheesy, and for my video which is a solo magic piece with no audience, a simple double turnover is just as visual as the reversal (what would be stopping me from removing a double from the middle such as DandD's from tivo?). any patter suggestions are appreciated.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results