Psychological Science Experiment

Sep 1, 2007
Ok, this is just a little experiment. So just play along.

I want you to think of a card, what ever just popped into your head now (pop) just keep that card in mind.

Now, I don't really care what the card was, but how you came to the conclusion of the suit. Let me explain, lets say you thought of the king of spades. How did you choose the color and the suit? and in what order.

So when you thought of a card, Did you see the color first? did you see the suit first or how did you think of it?

Thanks to everyone in advance for puting up with me.

Sep 2, 2007
King of diamonds because whenevger I'm told to THINK of a card without anything else, I think of trhe KOD. if if I'm asked to think of a card I see, I'm not an arse.

Sep 2, 2007
I'm not sure if this is normal, but the first thing that came to my mind was the color, black. The suit, or lack thereof, came after the color. The face of the card, subsequently, followed. The card, by the way, was the Split-Spades Joker.

I hope this anomaly does not skew your experiment. :D

Cheers,
JTM

Last edited by a moderator:
Aug 31, 2007
Hartford, CT
Three immediently popped into my mind.
Then I thought clubs and suddenly switched because I thought "Penn & Teller use the three of spades all the time, so I'll go with them", by the time I read the line

now (pop) just keep that card in mind. [/quote}

So I went with the three of spades.

I love this experiment and being a mentalist/hypnotist, I'd love to know what you are testing and the results!

First I thought of a Jack which I had the impression was black but was not really thinking about that, then the suit, clubs, then I thought yea, the Jack of clubs he will never get that one. But now I think maybe I should have picked a diamond, say the 9 of diamonds of course the 4 of spades is always good to pick when in a pinch. :)

Did I win?

Aug 31, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
Three immediently popped into my mind.
Then I thought clubs and suddenly switched because I thought "Penn & Teller use the three of spades all the time, so I'll go with them", by the time I read the line

now (pop) just keep that card in mind. [/quote}

So I went with the three of spades.

I love this experiment and being a mentalist/hypnotist, I'd love to know what you are testing and the results!
Penn and teller akways use the 3 of clubs not spades

Oct 17, 2007
I thought of the seven of spades -- i think it has something to do with me practicing molecule 4 with an old deck, because the seven was bent so I naturally would pick it up when I picked up a packet, and since you flip it over (the packet) I was seeing it all the time. :D

Good luck with the experiment

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results