PSYPHER - robert smith

Mar 21, 2010
Greetings everyone,

After taking a small break from this site and magic, I stumbled to my surprise to see a new product coming out by Papercranemagic - PSYPHER by b.Smith.

I am a huge fan of the original Universal Impression, and to find that there's a '2.0' coming out, I'm really looking forward toward it... I don't know about you! ;)

Leave a comment expressing your opinion!

http://papercranemagic.com/psypher.htm

*Sorry if there's been a thread already created for this, because I might have missed it.

Aug 31, 2007
Lacey,Washington
I've been looking for an impression device and it seems like the pros love it

I'm excited for it. It's on my list!

Right now my list is:

Audio by Eric Jones
Paper engine by Aaron Fisher
Psypher
Luke Dancey's Sin City
Extractor
And a couple of rsvpmagic's dvds.. They have worker practical material :D

Apr 1, 2009
California
I love Universal Impression. I don't use it much, due to... stuff. Nothing to do with the effect at all. Or me. I just haven't used it. Missing... necessary tools. But, this looks highly appealing. I'll have to pick it up.

I have the original UI... I like it and use it, but I think there are better ones out there.

Like what other devices are you speaking of out of curiosity cause at this point I've tried many and this hands down is the best I've worked and still work with on a daily basis. Seriously if there is something better I haven't used before I would like to check it out and can you clarify why you think its better as long as its not exposure of course.

Thanks,

Shane

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Sure mate. I prefer JR's Butterfly using the Rhodia pads.

I should clarify, I suppose, by saying that "better" is mostly a matter of personal preference.

Different people have different experiences with how well the different gimmicks work. UI has personally done a good job with that.

The single biggest thing for me is that I dislike having to use the UI two-part gimmick. I'm trying to be vague here but I'm sure you know what I mean. There's the first part of the gimmick, which every such gimmick has - but the technical workings of this one require the second part of the gimmick. Suffice to say that I prefer using a normal object, instead of a gimmicked one, for the second part of the gimmick, because other effects I do require it to be of a different type.

Ah, screw it. I'll PM you. I hope people who own UI more or less know what I mean, though.

Mar 6, 2008
A Land Down Under
I am with prae on the one part gimmick is better for me.

At the moment I mainly use the Thommy Pad however the Butterfly is also amazing. I would use my Butterfly more if I did not have a tendency to leave it at tables.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results