Purchasing the correct Coin Gaff for my needs

medic91whiskey

Elite Member
Sep 2, 2007
Burbank, CA
Hey guys so I am planning on investing in some coin gaffs, but I am a bit confused as to what I need. Basically I want to to a three coin routine where I produce one coin, then another, I want to show both sides of these coins to the audience and then produce the third coin. And then do the reverse of course. What would the coin gaff options be so that when I have two coins that I'm showing the audience, they can see both sides of each coin. Also I would like to hand out the coin when it is just one coin with all nested together. Hope that makes sense. Thanks!

medic91whiskey

Elite Member
Sep 2, 2007
Burbank, CA
Is anyone familiar with Jamie Schoolcraft's 3CM, 3CF, Deans set, and other gaffs? I'm waiting to hear back from him but I think these or a combination of them can accomplish what I want to do. Anyone have experience with them?

Eric jones has a routine called Ode to Latta, which is essentially the routine you describe and uses two halves and a shell (one of the neatest parts of the routine is that the spectator handles the coin each time it is produced, so they end up believing three solid coins are used). A similar effect may be done with a flipper/ shell combo except that the coins can not be handed out. Likewise, 3cm will create the effect, but is not extremely examinable.

Robert Moreland has a nice routine using a flipper and two matching coins which is rather clever and allows for coins to be handled by spectators throughout the routine.

Hope that helps!
Matt M.

May 21, 2013
1. Just use sleights
2. A [ with 3 coins
3. [ with flipper
4. Triple Threat
5. STC(or Dream coin set, trinity coin set, etc.)
6. Gemini Gimmick with a coin(You can show front and back after production)
7. TUC with one coin
8. there are too many method/gaffs to do the effect you just have described.

You may use [ but also create the illusion of you have already shown the front and back of coins and also handed all of them out for examination. In fact, not so many people will ask to check your coins you just have produced unless you ask them to check but it is not necessary IMHO.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results