Pushoff questions: DL vs second deal, video sources,etc

Dec 31, 2016
Hi, I'm hoping someone can help me here. I'm looking for video tutorial to compliment the texts I have on learning the multiple push-off. My questions:

- is the actual push off part the same for DL as what is in Jason England's second deal push video?
- is the England's push-off the same technique as Andy Gladwin in his larger video?
- can anyone comment on these related to the Giobbi descriptions in CC3?
- any other recos? (I wish there were video footage of Giobbi teaching his, but I don't think there is?)

thanks!

Dec 1, 2013
On Roberto Giobbi's website there are video downloads of him teaching available to buy, including his chapter on the double lift, I don't know if that will contain the push off from volume 3 or be purely the standard DL taught in the earlier volumes.

In my opinion Andi Gladwin's Master Push-off dvd is the most comprehensive and easy to follow video tutorial out there.

Reactions: Mr_ARPY
Dec 31, 2016
Thanks. I know there is no Giobbi push off in the CC videos, I've got those. They are great though! Thanks for the reco on the Gladwin one.

Reactions: PredicatedCard
Sep 10, 2017
Well, I have both Mr England and Andi Gladwin's videos, and in my opinion the master push off is far superior and much easier to learn. Plus, the DVD is full of applications for the move, including 3rd, 4th, 5th, and even 10th deals.
The Gladwin version is based off of Marlo's push off technique, but Mr England's video's techniques are based off of Erdnase.
About your other question, there are 2 kinds of push off. One is from the top(short) edge of the deck, (the preferred method in erdnase), which Mr England teaches in his videos. And the other is from long edge, and both Mr England and Mr Gladwin each cover a different version of it. The second method (long edge) could be used for double lifts as well.

Reactions: PredicatedCard
Apr 3, 2019
Well, I have both Mr England and Andi Gladwin's videos, and in my opinion the master push off is far superior and much easier to learn. Plus, the DVD is full of applications for the move, including 3rd, 4th, 5th, and even 10th deals.
The Gladwin version is based off of Marlo's push off technique, but Mr England's video's techniques are based off of Erdnase.
About your other question, there are 2 kinds of push off. One is from the top(short) edge of the deck, (the preferred method in erdnase), which Mr England teaches in his videos. And the other is from long edge, and both Mr England and Mr Gladwin each cover a different version of it. The second method (long edge) could be used for double lifts as well.
I agree. The second is meant for double lifts. It's possible with the first, but that is for when you don't need the cards to be flush, which is the case for the second deal.

Reactions: Mr_ARPY
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results