Quality Magic

Apr 27, 2008
Norway
What's so special about it?

I mean, hell's away when you're trying out for a good cause, but you're not actually serious about 'fighting Youtube tutorials' are you?

G

Apr 1, 2009
California
as a musician first, I could go on and tell you how many of these youtube tutorials are out for these great songs and pieces.

Then

I could go on and tell you how little I care.

You know how often I actually see videos for magic tutorials when I search for things that normal youtubers search for..? hardly ever.

It's only when I look up a specific effect by name or move.

You know who looks these things up?

Other magicians.

are you practicing for hours to perform for other magicians who probably know much of the mechanics anyway? or yourself? in which case it doesn't matter who knows the trick, since they won't be seeing you do it anyway.

Or are you performing for the general public? Who will be the one's potentially seeing a miracle in their eyes of a simple double lift that is exposed over and over.

little rant. twas bored and tired. should sleep. please don't take it personally

Jul 25, 2009
I like this. Whenever I go on youtube to see a performance of something it always comes up with a squirrly 8 year old who practiced the trick for 10min. and never learned how to do a DL. Then after I watch that I have to go searching through dozens of bad performances to see a good performance.
Im not saying everyone that puts vids on youtube is bad it seems like there are more bad performances than good, Aleast to me it does.

Perform Magic to entertain people.
When someone is impressed by your magic, instead of feeling proud, use that emotion and convert it to be feeling happy because your magic has entertained people.

That dedication to magic that drives us to practice for hours and hours will be paid off. There is no need to show or tell other magicians how good you are.

YouTube tutorials do not contain quality magic. Magic comes with the dedication to learn and the secret, but to make it shine like a polished diamond, u would need presentation which are not taught in YouTube tutorials. ( at least 98% of it )

=)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results