Quality of Bicycle Playing Cards

Apr 21, 2015
Tarzana, CA
Has anyone else noticed that the quality of the standard bicycle playing cards have decreased in the last few years?

First of all, there's that awful "Free App" circle thing on every box.
Next, the feel just isn't the same.
Finally, I've looked at my cards, and sometimes even the back design isn't centered and is tilted unevenly.

Is it just me, or........

Lyle Borders

Elite Member
Aug 5, 2008
Seattle, WA
www.theory11.com
Bicycle deck quality has a few months of issues right after they changed from the Ohio to the Kentucky factory a few years ago. Since then the quality has improved significantly. Quality right now is great. No deck of cards is ever centered perfectly, so an occasionally off-centered deck is not unusual (and never has been).

If you are referring to the packaging, there are two different box styles. One has the obnoxious ads on it (the "Standard" deck). The other is the old Classic box we sell on this site that has the card back design on the tuck case. Just order the style you want to use!

// L

Jun 22, 2008
earth
For the most part the quality is the same, they did drop around the time of the move.

As for the uneven borders and pips being super close or very far from the edge of the card, I am fed up with it. I've never seen an uncut sheet but they all look to be perfectly printed, they simply cannot cut straight... I've talked to them and they said exactly that, but in other words, "...minor variations...' So I've decided to stop buying their cards, I still have a bunch of decks left over but when they are done I will only by from Expert Playing Card Company (EPCC) they have a much higher standard than uspcc, '100% guarantee to be perfect and defect free' where as uspccc is sadly the opposite, not perfect and not defect free.

http://expertplayingcard.com/wp-con...0-det-460x300.jpg.pagespeed.ic.WSmLAPtZP1.jpg

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results