Queens Vanish

Oct 12, 2007
The final Queen vanish on The Trilogy DVD is perormed as simply a "wave". But they didn't explain it. Did he simply release the palmed card? It is shown as a "slap" in the explanation segment. Thanx.

Aug 31, 2007
UK
No that's not what he did and no please for the love of god do not ask where you can learn it because , you can't. Please do not spark debate, leave it here.

Sep 3, 2007
Canada, Quebec
There were alot of talks about that move on dananddave.com; maybe you can go take a look (use "search").

And again, don't expect anyone to tell you how to do that move because the sleight itself hasn't been published yet. ;) end of story.

Sep 1, 2007
San Francisco, CA
As Nicolas said, it is a move called the Clip Shift. As of now it is unreleased, so you could try contacting Chad Nelson to get more info. Also, if you are ever on the decknique MeBeam page and Kevin Ho is there, ask him to perform it. I'm sure he'd be happy to reve.... i mean perform it messily.

//David.Misner::

Nicolas, with respect to Chad (who does not want this thing out in public view) please remove your video -- I think I speak on behalf of those who have the upmost respect for creators and their moves when I say this. The video that Nicolas posted, I didn't really enjoy it. Not only did it flash the whole idea with the card shift, but you can blatantly hear a "snap" as it takes place – this is never cool. With Chad's handling, this is eliminated from the beginning.

Rarely will you get a post of mine that appears this harsh, but I have a deep respect for magic and the original creators -- and when something is spilt on purpose, I don't have a desire to hold back my opinion.

With kindest regards,
Jordan

Sep 1, 2007
Chile
Nicolas, with respect to Chad (who does not want this thing out in public view) please remove your video -- I think I speak on behalf of those who have the upmost respect for creators and their moves when I say this. The video that Nicolas posted, I didn't really enjoy it. Not only did it flash the whole idea with the card shift, but you can blatantly hear a "snap" as it takes place – this is never cool. With Chad's handling, this is eliminated from the beginning.

Rarely will you get a post of mine that appears this harsh, but I have a deep respect for magic and the original creators -- and when something is spilt on purpose, I don't have a desire to hold back my opinion.

With kindest regards,
Jordan
Hi jordan, Why should I put down my video.. I didnt Learn ir From Chad, I "created" by my own, then i dont see the point on poting it down, plz explain me better that.
BTW: i know i need to practise more.

Aug 31, 2007
Hi jordan, Why should I put down my video.. I didnt Learn ir From Chad, I "created" by my own, then i dont see the point on poting it down, plz explain me better that.

Nicolas,

If you still don't get it after three threads worth of discussion (between this and the D&D forums), then I doubt having Jordan say anything further is going to do any good...

Sep 1, 2007

Ok, I'm going to try this one more time because you are really starting to tick me off.

It does not mean a FREAKING thing that you came up with it on your own. Chad came up with it long before you. IT IS HIS MOVE, NOT YOURS, understand? His, not yours. HE made it, he named it, its his, not yours.

Now take the video down now.

Sep 1, 2007
Chile
Ok, I'm going to try this one more time because you are really starting to tick me off.

It does not mean a FREAKING thing that you came up with it on your own. Chad came up with it long before you. IT IS HIS MOVE, NOT YOURS, understand? His, not yours. HE made it, he named it, its his, not yours.

Now take the video down now.

...BTW why should I take My Video Down?
Think for example: if 1 person invet a good thing... and another invent the same Thing but without nowing the Other's invention ( And the first person didnt publish it), And de second one want to Show it to the people... And when he show it a lot of people say hey! u cant show that! another person created a long time ago (even "no on Knows it" and it hasn't been publish). so u CANT show it to anyone.....
u Think thats right?
I WILL NOT teach it to anyone, but i will not put down My video At least Chad msg me again answering my second mail ( becouse he answer the first) and talk to me and convice me herself.
BTW s3al if i Tick u off its ur problem.. u dont have to read my post.
Cheers
Mago Nicolas Palacios

Sep 1, 2007
...BTW why should I take My Video Down?
Think for example: if 1 person invet a good thing... and another invent the same Thing but without nowing the Other's invention ( And the first person didnt publish it), And de second one want to Show it to the people... And when he show it a lot of people say hey! u cant show that! another person created a long time ago (even "no on Knows it" and it hasn't been publish). so u CANT show it to anyone.....
u Think thats right?
I WILL NOT teach it to anyone, but i will not put down My video At least Chad msg me again answering my second mail ( becouse he answer the first) and talk to me and convice me herself.
BTW s3al if i Tick u off its ur problem.. u dont have to read my post.
Cheers
Mago Nicolas Palacios

You should take it down because it's unpolished, and its his move. He does not want it on youtube, you should respect that and take it down. And stop calling it your move, its not yours, its clip shift.

Sep 1, 2007
Chile
You should take it down because it's unpolished, and its his move. He does not want it on youtube, you should respect that and take it down. And stop calling it your move, its not yours, its clip shift.
First: Dan and another person from D and D formu tell me that it was not Clip shift. ( Chad think it was)
If its Unpolished or not is My problem, I Wanted to Show it to People.. And like 2 month Ago I was thinkin In pubishing it, becouse i Didnt know that "CHad Create it".
And I think that I CAN call it My move, Becouse I inveted by My own.

Sep 1, 2007
UK
Hey...

Here's my take on this...

It appears that nicolaspalacios has come across the workings of 'ClipShift', and he has put up a video on youtube showing a performance.

I see that many have a problem with this, and at the same time, nicolaspalacios has no idea why.

The thing is that as 'ClipShift' is an unreleased move, with no way of learning it other than directly from the originator, this is obviosly a case of independant creation... unless the only reason nicolaspalacios has this move is by trying to re-create 'ClipShift' after seeing footage of it, then it's not independant creation.

Now if the case is independant creation, and nicolaspalacios had never seen 'ClipShift', then it's his choice if he wants to perform it and video it etc... BUT... and this is a big but... knowing that someone else has created this, and that it's important to that person, and that this person is the true originator... it would have been better to have contacted the creator, explained yourself, and come to an agreement between the two of you.

I can see that nicolaspalacios would find it weird that people are asking/telling him to take the vid down, as to him it's of his own creation so why should he... but I believe that the originator should have been talked to, and some type of agreement formed.
I can see nicolaspalacios point though.

On the other hand I can see everyone elses point, and they are trying to get nicolaspalacios to do what they consider to be the ethical thing.
There way would show that nicolaspalacios respects magic and it's creators, and it would be giving the originator the respect and courtesy they deserve... though it looks like nicolaspalacios won't be doing this.

I am of the opinion that nicolaspalacios should remove the video and talk with the originator, show the originator some respect, and come to some kinda agreement... not because nicolaspalacios has to, but because it would show you care about this art and it's creators.

Of course, if nicolaspalacios only came up with the move after viewing 'ClipShift' then it's not his at all and the vid should be immediately removed... with no talks with the originator as it's simply nothing to do with nicolaspalacios.

Sep 1, 2007
Chile
Hey...

Here's my take on this...

It appears that nicolaspalacios has come across the workings of 'ClipShift', and he has put up a video on youtube showing a performance.

I see that many have a problem with this, and at the same time, nicolaspalacios has no idea why.

The thing is that as 'ClipShift' is an unreleased move, with no way of learning it other than directly from the originator, this is obviosly a case of independant creation... unless the only reason nicolaspalacios has this move is by trying to re-create 'ClipShift' after seeing footage of it, then it's not independant creation.

Now if the case is independant creation, and nicolaspalacios had never seen 'ClipShift', then it's his choice if he wants to perform it and video it etc... BUT... and this is a big but... knowing that someone else has created this, and that it's important to that person, and that this person is the true originator... it would have been better to have contacted the creator, explained yourself, and come to an agreement between the two of you.

I can see that nicolaspalacios would find it weird that people are asking/telling him to take the vid down, as to him it's of his own creation so why should he... but I believe that the originator should have been talked to, and some type of agreement formed.
I can see nicolaspalacios point though.

On the other hand I can see everyone elses point, and they are trying to get nicolaspalacios to do what they consider to be the ethical thing.
There way would show that nicolaspalacios respects magic and it's creators, and it would be giving the originator the respect and courtesy they deserve... though it looks like nicolaspalacios won't be doing this.

I am of the opinion that nicolaspalacios should remove the video and talk with the originator, show the originator some respect, and come to some kinda agreement... not because nicolaspalacios has to, but because it would show you care about this art and it's creators.

Of course, if nicolaspalacios only came up with the move after viewing 'ClipShift' then it's not his at all and the vid should be immediately removed... with no talks with the originator as it's simply nothing to do with nicolaspalacios.

Finally Someone That Understand me. THE VIDEO IS DOWN. I learn it Watching Trilogy Queens Vanish, Then I Recreat it, NOT 100% sure if its the same, Dan wasnt sure 2..
I talk whit the Original Creator, He answer me the first mail... but I haven't had any more news about him.
Thx
Nicolas Palacios

Aug 31, 2007
Finally Someone That Understand me. THE VIDEO IS DOWN. I learn it Watching Trilogy Queens Vanish, Then I Recreat it, NOT 100% sure if its the same, Dan wasnt sure 2..
I talk whit the Original Creator, He answer me the first mail... but I haven't had any more news about him.
Thx
Nicolas Palacios

I don't know why you would keep telling people over and over that you "created" in when you actually learned it from watching a performance of it in a video... But anyway, I do respect you for taking it down; I think that was the right thing to do.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results