Question about published material.

May 18, 2008
Hey there everyone!

I just had a quick question about something. David Regal gave my product Mute (from Trcky) got a good review in this months issue of Genii magazine. Now here is my question: I assume I'm allowed to quote him in the article for promotional purposes, but am I allowed to post that review in full online? I've had a lot of friends ask about it and if I put it on my website or Facebook, could I face legal issues because it's copyrighted material (even if it's about my trick?)

Thanks in advance.

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
Hmmmm....I'll be interested to hear what the legality of it is because I am not sure myself. Interesting. Please keep us posted.

Mar 6, 2008
A Land Down Under
There is a huge difference between legal and ethical, you can quote parts of the article. If you wanted to quote the entire article I would ask permission. If he have you a positive review they will more than likely let you use it simply just write an email asking for permission.

I don't think there is any problem with reposting the article for sake of saying look what someone wrote about me on like facebook or forums, but I am certain you can't use the entire article for publicity or marketing. Though you should be able to use quotes from the article for marketing.

I'm no entertainment lawyer though, so don't take my word as law but I believe that's how it works.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results