Question about some things.

Feb 6, 2009
St. Louis, Missouri
I am going to buy a these books soon, but can only afford to get one or two this week. I would like to know wich one will give me the best information profession wise/wich one will help me the most. I have read the descriptions and some quick reviews, but they didnt give me much details. I am looking to learn MORE about the business side of magic and the actual set up of magic.
I am not looking for "tricks", but information on presentation and becoming a professional. I know all of these books are what im looking for, but wich one should I get first?

Also, if you have ANY other recommendations that would possibly improve my knowledge it is appreciated. :)

Maximum Entertainment
Strong Magic
Designing Miracles
Beyond Secrets
The Magic Menu - Years 1-5
The Magic Menu - Years 6-10
Live at the Jailhouse (I've already seen it, but want to buy it)

Jun 10, 2008
You little stalker!
Beyond Secrets is a no-no. His ideas are good but he doesnt really god into detail, he only skims the surface.

Strong Magic is a must. Best book ever. Designing Miracles is good too but you might wanna hold off on that and read Strong Magic first. Maximum entertainment is good but i prefer Strong Magic because Darwin Ortiz uses lots and lots of good examples that helps you understand each concept.

The Magic Menu is probably good especially if you plan to do restaurant magic. Same goes for Live At the Jail House. You say you wanna learn the business side of magic so i would say god for these.

Strong Magic has done more for my magic than my own hands have.

I love it! Get the book, read the book, and love the book. You will be jumping up and down when you realize the power of the information concealed within the pages.

Just get that. Read and study it. Then live it.

Hope this helps,
-Chase

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results