Question to the working magicians

Oct 28, 2007
Sydney Australia
How much experienced did you have when you got your first gig/job?

How did you get that gig/job? (Did you busk continuously or did you hand your resume' around etc)

And for long time professional magicians, do you have a day job outside of magic?

D

Deleted member 2755

How much experienced did you have when you got your first gig/job?

How did you get that gig/job? (Did you busk continuously or did you hand your resume' around etc)

And for long time professional magicians, do you have a day job outside of magic?

I myself do not have a job in magic and nor will I for a few years. However, this stuff can help you. (I don't own these, but I have only heard good things about these.)

1. The Real Secrets of Magic This DVD has many effects and tips on performing, what to do in certain environments, etc. Volume 2 is also sold at E as well.

2. Live At The Jailhouse This 3 disc set has a bunch of magicians that share some effects, talk about resteraunt work as a whole, and more. They also teach you how to get a job doing magic.

Also, here is a great informational essay written by Steve Simmons who works at a Red Robins doing magic. Clicky.

-Doug

Last edited by a moderator:
i work at a local pizza joint. I got the job after 3 years of practing for hours. Now, there are different ways to go about getting the job, but I cold cALLED THE PLACE. tHE OWNER WAS SO THRILLED TO HAVE ME IN BECAUSE HE SAID ONE TIME THEY HAD A BIRTHDAY THERE (my bad hit caps.) and all the adults kids and other people loved it. i started right away. I work for tips which isn't ideal but he can't really pay me because he doesn't make a super lot of money. however, I make 40 dollars in tips everynight.

Dylan P.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results