Questions!!!

Mar 7, 2015
I'm new on the wire. I want to publish a Cardistry tutorial soon (don't know when) and I want to know how can I achieve more downloads. If you have any method of publicity, share it below, it would help a lot.

And my question is, All the money that my flourish or trick gets is of my property or theory11 gets a percentage? Thanks for answering.
:)

antoferra

Elite Member
Nov 2, 2014
Italy
60%
So it would be (50/100)*60, that equals 30$
But I think that you get a check only if you reach 50$

Jan 28, 2015
I'm new on the wire. I want to publish a Cardistry tutorial soon (don't know when) and I want to know how can I achieve more downloads. If you have any method of publicity, share it below, it would help a lot.

And my question is, All the money that my flourish or trick gets is of my property or theory11 gets a percentage? Thanks for answering.
:)

Hey DanielO23,

There is a FAQ post that can be found here:

The Wire - Frequently Asked Questions

that will answer any questions you have about The Wire.

You may want to check out this link as well:

The Wire - Basic Submission Guidelines

|| Steven

antoferra

Elite Member
Nov 2, 2014
Italy
That's ridiculous, and wrong. Deposits are made on the 11th of the month. So ANY money that you make (your 60% cut) will be given to you, there shouldn't be any limitations like a $50 minimum. That's what I got from the terms and conditions anyway.
Maybe they deleted the 50$ minimum (it would be great) and I didn't know that, but at the time of this post it still existed.
http://www.theory11.com/forums/threads/cost-to-publish.32680/

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
That's ridiculous, and wrong. Deposits are made on the 11th of the month. So ANY money that you make (your 60% cut) will be given to you, there shouldn't be any limitations like a $50 minimum. That's what I got from the terms and conditions anyway.

The $50 is still alive an well. You will not receive a check until your royalties have passed $50. If you are only making 30 cents a month it is not worth it to Theory11 to send you a check. They would be losing money from your product.

Just to put things into perspective it took me about 6 months to get my first check from Theory11 because of the $50 minimum. Each month I made anywhere from $5-20 on my first download and I did not get to see that money until it all surpassed $50. Even today if I have a slower month and I don't pass $50 since my last check I will not get a check for that month.

This seems annoying but it is fairly typical, You Tube and Itunes have similar programs.

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
When it comes to marketing - getting something appealing in front of eyes is what you need to worry about. Just putting it up and hoping it hits the top 5 isn't going to do it. You have to pimp that thing out everywhere.

This is very easy to see in Kickstarter campaigns. The ones that succeed are not necessarily the ones with the nicest looking videos or projects. I've seen some very good projects, with good production in their promo, fail because they did not get advertised enough.

The same goes for those super-talented magicians who just can't seem to find many gigs. ADVERTISE!

Make no mistake - if you want to make ANY money selling a product you have only two options. Sheer, dumb luck and hard, hard work. Guess which one has the better chance of turning out well? If your product is something you believe in, and want to sell, then you have to push it to sell it. Make people realize it's something they must have in their life. The more eyes you get the idea in front of, the more people will buy.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results