Quick questions on the invisible deck.

Oct 14, 2013
For those of you who have used the invisible deck on people, I just have a few inquiries I'd like to submit:

When you performed the invisible deck effect, have people usually asked to inspect the deck afterward? Were most of them just so blown away that they didn't even think to ask?

Also, if people have asked to see the deck, how have you cleaned up? Did you keep a spare identical deck, and just switch it out?

I'd really love to hear about your experiences when performing this, because although most say it is a super easy and powerful effect to perform, it seems super dirty if someone were to ask to inspect the deck.

Jun 19, 2013
Hi Aced1993,

I have performed the invisible deck many times, it's an excellent effect. To answer your first question, no, people never usually ask me to inspect the deck afterwards.

For your second question, I have only been asked to inspect the deck once, by my teacher. I didn't keep a spare identical deck or switch it out, when he asked to see it, I literally just gave him the invisible deck to look through, and he didn't find anything. Although, I wouldn't recommend giving the deck to them to examine and hoping they don't find anything, I just got lucky.

I'm never worried about someone asking to inspect the deck, just don't act suspicious. Treat the invisible deck it with the same mannerisms as your regular deck. Most of the time, if you don't act suspicious, they won't be suspicious.

yyyyyyy

Elite Member
Apr 7, 2012
A really easy little fail-safe method for "cleaning up" is to have an identical deck in your right pocket. Put the invisible deck in your left pocket immediately after closing the effect. If anyone asks to see the cards, just take the normal ones out of your right pocket. You really shouldn't need to resort to this sort of thing though, things run smoothly when I perform it.

Sep 1, 2007
A really easy little fail-safe method for "cleaning up" is to have an identical deck in your right pocket. Put the invisible deck in your left pocket immediately after closing the effect. If anyone asks to see the cards, just take the normal ones out of your right pocket. You really shouldn't need to resort to this sort of thing though, things run smoothly when I perform it.

It's a good out, but for the sake of being... well, me... the thing I've figured out to keep people from wanting to inspect the props is the same thing any good working pro will tell you: treat your props as incidental. They're a mean to an end, not the end itself.

If a magician is using the invisible deck, then you want the audience to believe he's using a deck of cards because it's convenient, not because the cards themselves are anything special. What a lot of beginners do by mistake is they focus too much on the props. They look at the deck while they're still talking. They hold it weird. Our natural tendency is to want to do things like that, but you have to unlearn it through practice and rehearsal. If you act like the props are nothing special, then neither will the audience.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results