Quirkiness

yyyyyyy

Elite Member
Apr 7, 2012
Hello again, it's been a while since I posted one of my video to these forums. I just recently made this video called "Do Work", and it's quite possibly the quirkiest thing I've ever made. I'd love to hear your opinions, I appreciate the help.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xp_btXGXEoE

Thanks in advance,
Patrick Varnavas

Colin

Elite Member
Jan 25, 2013
Not really sure why you consider it quirky but the moves are nice. Is the blurriness an effect you addend or just because of the amera you are using? If it is something you added I found it quite distracting.

yyyyyyy

Elite Member
Apr 7, 2012
Quirky for me, my videos don't generally feel like that. No, the blur is not an added effect. That was the lens set to manual focus and me moving out of focus. Oh well, thanks for the feedback.

Sep 1, 2007
You failed to show your face within the first 10 seconds. You have already lost 90% of the audience.

As for being "quirky" that's a buzz word that no longer has any meaning in the wake of movies like Juno. In general use it's become a label for people who are just crazy enough to be endearing or memorably annoying, but not crazy enough to be creepy.

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
A close-up shot of hands doing flourishes to rap music (which I had to mute less than halfway through because it annoyed me). This is not quirky, this is so common as to be a trope at this point.

The moves are done well, for what that's worth. But the theatrical value is lacking.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results