Rate the idea of this card trick ...

May 26, 2009
Can someone please rate the idea of this card trick. Please don't rate the performance because i just created this trick couple minutes ago while messing around with my deck of cards and if the idea is good , i can work further on it.

Thank you very much :)

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMvx9NkEexs

Apr 27, 2008
Norway
Mildly okay. It's a nice sleight perhaps, but the effect has no justification at all.

I say it's not ready.

G

Nov 15, 2007
Raleigh, NC
I have to agree that there is no justification for the shrinking. If you have or can create a presentation around it so that shrinking it makes sense, then it looks decent. In the minute I thought about it though (admittedly not enough time) there were no justifiable reasons to shrinking a deck and then the card reversing.

Do you have any ideas on presentation?

Feb 27, 2008
Grand prairie TX
Your ideas on presenting it are alot more important than the effect.
Shrinking the deck is amazing anyway.Thats fine.
Now why does it shrink just to find the card face down? Just finding the card sort of demeans the concept of shrinking the deck.

May 8, 2008
Cumbria, UK
Also, you might want to sort out the fact that the small deck has a different back design to the big deck. It kind of detracts from the idea that the deck 'shrinks'. But still, it looks good, you just need to justify it and practice.

Sep 1, 2007
As long as it can be performed live for 1 or 2 people I think it would be pretty dang cool.

Sep 1, 2007
San Diego
It would only take a few lines to justify it.

*after the pick a card crap and you say it'll reveal itself upside down*

"now I've been performing this trick for years, ever since I was a little kid, but when I was little, this deck was HUUUUGE for me, so what I did was used smaller *deck shrinks* cards..and then I could do the trick just fine *facedown cards is revealed* yup, still works"

just a quick presentation idea

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results