rD Bulletin : New Release -The Tenkai Steal

Aug 10, 2008
In a rock concert
A color change. A convincing control to both the top and bottom. A steal. Endless possibilities.

After 2 years working on the sleight, RD teaches you in this 18 min long video, the mechanics and the nuances of the "Tenkai steal" a move that in the correct settings is highly useful, highly deceptive, and above all, EASY TO LEARN.

In this issue you will learn:

*The mechanics
*A convincing control to both the top or the botom of the deck
*Color changes
*Bertram get ready
*Clipshift get ready
*An inversion routine
*A tivo version
*A sandwich trick

Plus more!

LEARN IT NOW

[video=vimeo;18905145]http://www.vimeo.com/18905145[/video]

Disclaimer: Althought I do not claim the sleight to be mine, I believe that the color changes (some of them), using the sleight as a convincing control, and some of the applications are actually original, if this isn't the case please let me know :).

Enjoy!

P.S: I enjoy feedback quite a lot, and it would fuel me to do some other videos in the future if I see you guys contributing to the thread in question. Thanks :3

Jul 14, 2010
Croatia
I had a similar idea for the top control, although I never really used it since there are much more practical controls, and if you need to hold on to the card while the spectator is shuffling the deck, tenkai palm is a poor choice.
As for the colour changes, I saw some of them already in the media section, these are just variations.
All in all, your video could be useful to a tenkai beginner and some of your ideas are solid, I'm just not sure are you aware that you gave a hint as to how the Clipshift is done.

Luis Vega

Elite Member
Mar 19, 2008
Leon, Guanajuato Mexico
luisvega.com.mx
Jajaja Nice dude!! I learn something like this in the HTDSM from E...using a fan...and yes...I would edit the clipshift part, since It`s not revealing but It border on it...

Siguele dando carnal!! igual...sigo trabajando en el Manifesto...cuando lo termine, haber si lo checas...

ahi la ves we...

formula

Elite Member
Jan 8, 2010
Useful video for anyone who hasn't experimented with the tenkai before. Turn facebook off next time you're recording though.

Aug 10, 2008
In a rock concert
and if you need to hold on to the card while the spectator is shuffling the deck, tenkai palm is a poor choice.

For the average magician, well yes, As I said in the video, I really have troubles with the classic palm because my hand is way to thin ( I still use it from time to time), But in the context of the tricks I have been using it, it has been working really well for me :). It's all experimenting and seeing what works for you.

I'm just not sure are you aware that you gave a hint as to how the Clipshift is done.

Yes about that, I was hesistant about putting it in, if trouble arises, I'll gladly edit that part.

Aug 10, 2008
In a rock concert
A note regarding angles and situations to use the tenkai:

I had a similar idea for the top control, although I never really used it since there are much more practical controls.

This kind of controls are my controls to use when I am performing from a medium distance, not close up. The tenkai (for me) works best from this kind of distance, actually I rarely perform or use this type of stuff if I am close up. If I am close up I instead go for the classic pass as my way of control, and the classic palm as my way of palming. The problem is, that both the control and the palm, from a medium distance, are a little more difficult to conceal, since they have a view of your whole body, akward or unnatural movements are more easely detected. Thats why I like the naturaleness of the tenkai palm in a medium distance performing situation.

So regarding angles, yeah stuff like this is better suited for medium- parlour settings.

Jul 14, 2010
Croatia
I really have troubles with the classic palm because my hand is way to thin ( I still use it from time to time).

I have the same problem as you and my solution to it (untill i get at least 10kg heavier) is the gambler's cop, which works wonderfully in close-up. As for the tenkai, I use it mainly as a color change in a way that is similar to what you do, but instead of rubbing the deck I just drop the card on it from a slight angle.

Aug 10, 2008
In a rock concert
I have the same problem as you and my solution to it (untill i get at least 10kg heavier) is the gambler's cop, which works wonderfully in close-up. As for the tenkai, I use it mainly as a color change in a way that is similar to what you do, but instead of rubbing the deck I just drop the card on it from a slight angle.

I have epic failed quite a lot of times with the gambler's cop in the past.

I actually utilise the classic palm quite often in close situations, but only when I can work it alongside patter and misdirection. Since you are close up and they can't see your whole body, it's easier to hide some things :)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results