Recent Chris Kenner 1-on-1s...

JoeCarr

Banned
Jan 6, 2008
Manchester
i think recently Chris K has been involved in some sort of accident, like bumping your head on say an overhead light... because on his 2 newest 1on1's, he just cant seem to get those damn words right... we've had 'simfle triumph' and now on simple reverse, we have the six of spades being called the six of clubs! watch it for yourself! now i know this is totally pointless, and im not poking fun, but i just like it when these things happen, as they usually always happen to me! (especially when i use the ghost with the all black diamonds and hearts!) anyway hope your feelin better chris! :D

btw they are great 1on1's i own 2 of yours and tivo 2.0 and i think theyre one of the best things on the site... schwing is so cool... :cool:

Jan 16, 2008
Should I get Tivo 2.0 now or just wait a few months to get enough money to get Trilogy-Tricks (or maybe i won't have money at all by then)

Sep 1, 2007
Belgrade, Serbia
I have trilogy, and you deffinetly wanna wait to get enough money. And if you dont get enough money, you can allways download Tivo 2.0

PhilTheMagician

Elite Member
Oct 14, 2007
I actually love when there's bloopers in videos....

I'm a bit shocked at having the Simple Reverse as a trick on the site. That is one of the OLDEST self-working tricks I've known (learned it just after the 21 card trick).

I was thinking the 1-on-1's would be of slightly higher calibre. Maybe having pro tips and stuff (like Aaron Fisher did). I don't know....I just think the Simple Reverse is by far the weakest 1-on-1 available. Oh, and the Bucks have 2 that are almost the same, so I'm not sure why they are seperate 1-on-1 downloads.

The vast majority of the 1-on-1's are fantastic, and I am eagerly awaiting Lee Asher's contributions. I didn't mean to offend anyone with my post, just giving my opinion.

Aug 31, 2007
When 1-on-1s come every Friday, you don't expect every single one to be extremely new or original. Sometimes, just remember they are humans too...

- harapan. magic!

JoeCarr

Banned
Jan 6, 2008
Manchester
i completely agree, i believe its a weak contribution, but the rest are great and they have been busy with control and the wynns so ill let them off...

and to answer the question above, id recommend saving up as i bought it and although its a great trick, i didnt need anymore single tricks atm as i should be practicing others so i havent given it the attention it deserves as of yet but if your short on cash and need a quick trick, then i highly recommend it! :D

Sep 3, 2007
It's actually not uncommon to fluff a line when you are on camera, so there is nothing wrong with Chris Kenner (it just means he is normal). If you try to give a 4 min scripted explanation to a camera I am sure the next time you see something like that you won't even notice it.

Though you should notice that he is very skilled at keeping the flow going when he makes a mistake.

JoeCarr

Banned
Jan 6, 2008
Manchester
joker, the last thing i was doing was criticising him! hes a great magician and i find himd really funny, but i enjoy the bloopers as it makes them seem all the more human! it always happens to me when i perform so i could relate to it and i try and carry on aswell.. anyway if chris saw this thread, i'd hope he'd see i wasnt being vindictive, just enjoying some light-hearted humour!

joecarr14

Aug 30, 2007
My 2 cents:

Kenner is actually legally retarded and because of that, he sometimes pronounces "p" as "f." Shame on you for making fun of the mentally handicapped...

Okay. That's a lie. Here's 2 more cents:

Despite not being able to pronounce "simple" without an "f," Chris is actually very well spoken. He often uses fewer takes in his shoots than many of the artists on this site. Chris is just more secure with himself than some of them (*cough* Wayne Houchin *cough*) and doesn't need every grammatical error corrected in post.

And 2 more cents on simplicity:

Invisible Reverse is certainly a simple trick and I think that's okay for two reasons.

First, the 1 on 1s are meant to appeal to the whole spectrum of magicians, from beginners to the advanced. This means that some 1 on 1s will be easier (Card Fundamentals, Simple Triumph, etc.), while some will be more advanced (Molecule, Outjogged Hermann Shift, Tivo 2.0, etc.).

Second, Kenner is just about as advanced as you can get as far as magicians go and even he points out in the video that he's used this effect on and off throughout his whole life. Spectators don't know how hard it is to perform tricks. They only know whether you entertain them or not while you do them.

Still, we understand that there are plenty of experienced performers on this site who want something a little more challenging. We'll have a new 1 on 1 every Friday, so it won't be too long before there are a few more advanced videos up there.

Okay. That was a long 6 cents. I'm going to shut the hell up now.

Dana

JoeCarr

Banned
Jan 6, 2008
Manchester
yeh, there is a wide range of videos i guess, its just i got excited about a new 1on1 as theyre my favourite part of the site! anyway its not a bad trick, just one that doesnt appeal to me.. anyway dana, moving onto a serious matter, when the hell are you releasing an album with all the t11 and E music on.... :D

Sep 1, 2007
Cornwall
I actually love when there's bloopers in videos....

I'm a bit shocked at having the Simple Reverse as a trick on the site. That is one of the OLDEST self-working tricks I've known (learned it just after the 21 card trick).

I was thinking the 1-on-1's would be of slightly higher calibre. Maybe having pro tips and stuff (like Aaron Fisher did). I don't know....I just think the Simple Reverse is by far the weakest 1-on-1 available. Oh, and the Bucks have 2 that are almost the same, so I'm not sure why they are seperate 1-on-1 downloads.

The vast majority of the 1-on-1's are fantastic, and I am eagerly awaiting Lee Asher's contributions. I didn't mean to offend anyone with my post, just giving my opinion.

the answer is simple
its 5$
they know hundreds more will buy it, than wont
thus throwing amazingly amateur tricks up by the dozens, while adding a few advanced stuff here and there

Sep 2, 2007
i dont understand its not even credited right its 5 the hard way taught in mark wilson..
The effect is decades old -- the plot is not new and has been around forever. Moreover, all of this is explicitly mentioned and discussed in the 1-on-1 video -- I doubled checked -- the origins are, in fact, credited as being in print in various forms.

Cheers,
JTM

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 1, 2007
England
The effect is decades old -- the plot is not new and has been around forever. Moreover, all of this is explicitly mentioned and discussed in the 1-on-1 video -- I doubled checked -- the origins are, in fact, credited as being in print in various forms.

Cheers,
JTM

It might be credited, but considering T11 is constantly going on about revolutionising magic and getting people to learn stuff the right way, wouldn't a point in the direction of royal road be far more helpful than flogging just one of the tricks in that book for half the price the book retails at?

Tom

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results