Recommendations?

Jul 29, 2008
Hey guys!
Recently I've been working on alot of my old material and things that I've actually started with, but I'm starting to need more material on cards.
I'm definitely not a begginer, I've been working on cards for about 2 or 3 years but I'm no pro either :p ! I prefer impromptu effects, but I don't mind gimmicks or gaffs either, I just prefer not to make my gimmicks...So anything you can reccomend or any questions that you want to ask to know more about what to reccomend, don't hesitate to ask!
Thanks guys!

Jul 29, 2008
Okay, I have most of Ellusionist's card stuff, except for ninja 1 and 2.
I have Panic,Dangerous and a few more books that I can't think off the top of my head.

Sep 1, 2007
Belgrade, Serbia
Well, ALOT of easy and effective material can be found on Michael Ammar's "Easy to master card magic (EtMCM)", it is a 9 dvd set....

Or, Deryl's "Encyclopedia of Card Sleights" (8 dvd set), which is a little more difficult than EtMCM... And it will serve you a long long time...

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
More books is the way to go for more material. From the stuff you have, the books will be the ones which have been the most helpful (assuming they're good books). In which case, I'd recommend studying someone like Ascanio (The Magic of Ascanio, so far in two volumtes), or Vernon (Inner Card Trilogy) or Andrus (Card Control). Being somewhere between beginner and pro you should probably invest in something like Ken Weber's Maximum Entertainment, Darwin Ortiz's Strong Magic, or Juan Tamariz's Five Points of Magic for books about presenting magic, which, once you're over the initial stage of only wanting to learn tricks (a phase every beginner goes through) will be more helpful than the tricks themselves. Don't forget magic is a lot more than the secret :)

Dec 26, 2007
i would strongly reccommend The Card college series even if you are not an amateur as there is a wealth of information in there. I would also reccommend the apocalypse magazines as well as aaron fishers paper engine , paul harris art of astonishment series and john bannons smoke and mirros - a book i really love!

On a side note, where can you purchase the books that you have reccommended above praetoritevong?

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Hey Kieran,

MJM, Hank Lee, and many other big magic shops will have these books - stuff like Maximum Entertainment will be stocked by most magic dealers, others like Ascanio you might only find at the biggest ones. Andrus can be found at D&D also, and some like Ascanio again I believe can be found at their publisher's website, L&L. Mostly I get them off MJM though.

D21400

Banned
Dec 16, 2008
Antwerp, Belgium
i would strongly reccommend The Card college series even if you are not an amateur as there is a wealth of information in there. I would also reccommend the apocalypse magazines as well as aaron fishers paper engine , paul harris art of astonishment series and john bannons smoke and mirros - a book i really love!

On a side note, where can you purchase the books that you have reccommended above praetoritevong?

What is the Card College Actually? Flourishing, tricks...???

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results