Recreation

Sep 2, 2009
Hello guys !

I'd like to hear your thoughts, advices and improvements on a new video I made recently. It's a fun way to make the aces appear one by one in a four double-back card packet.

[video=youtube;060bTyXOjQ8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=060bTyXOjQ8[/video]

Enjoy !

Sep 26, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
I like it. Good potential there. This is the type of thing that should have very little patter, but patter nonetheless. If not, there could be some confusion as to what is actually happening and where the aces are coming from.

If I could suggest a simpler beginning. I would try to keep the showing of the "4 double backed cards" as simple as possible. As you have it not, there is a not of turning over, showing of one card front and back, and then spreading through them again. I would try to limit it to a simple flus----ion count, and maybe a very casual handling of the double backer, etc... The main reason for this is because you will be doing a lot of "card handling" to make the aces appear, thus the beginning should remain simple.

Sep 2, 2009
Hmmm, this is a very interesting point ! But it is true that a spectator who has never seen this kind of cards (The double backer is rarely shown openly) will be intrigued, so the trick was taught by saying to show the double back quickly, without leave it to the examination (If in fact I let the spectator take the double backed card but not the others, it would be completely illogical). But the sequence of the two Elmsley count was, I think, visually strong . Maybe I should therefore delete the second one as you said.

Anyway thank you for this constructive comment !

Sep 26, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
Hmm, I guess there isn't any best way to do it, since it all depends on the patter and timing. This is how I would do it:

I would start with a simple spread to show the four cards (the backs), and ask the spectator which four cards he/she thinks I am holding. After a guess, I would say "good try, but no. Actually, these are a bit more unique than your guess" and I would do a display using the double backer to show all four cards are double backed. (there are many variations of this, but you using triples and doubles and biddle techniques, you can show the same card four times making it seem like you show all four. I am sure you know a few).

It reduces the need for an Elmsley count, and you can always reverse needed cards later on.

Sep 2, 2009
Thanks a lot, that's a really good patter. The only problem is when you say that I had to spread the four cards at the beginning. Actually I can't do it, that's why an Elmsley count is needed.
But I'll find something, glad you helped me !

I think it is an excellent effect but you need more practice with it. Just the way you handle the cards need more confidence to it. Especially with the DL's (not going to specify where to avoid revealing) but with more time on this it will become something better. Looks good!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results