Red Monarch's

Jun 13, 2013
UK
I received a deck of red monarchs and I was messing around with them flourishing, I had the Theory 11 advertisement card on the bottom of the deck.

I looked at it noticed that it was starting to bend and I was wondering that being as they are made out of different material than the standard Bicycle stock, if they are held for long enough do they over heat and start to 'melt/bend'.

Thanks!

Brendan H.(4)

Elite Member
Jun 13, 2013
It really depends on what you mean by "melt/bend". Do you mean that cards, when stacked together, aren't perfectly flat any more and have some kind of slight bend in them? That's probably due to how you're handling them if you're handling the deck unevenly. You'll get the same thing happening to any deck regardless of stock. The best way to avoid it is to handle the deck evenly, working both the back of the deck (all back of the card facing up) and front of deck (all face card facing up) and shuffling the deck up every now and then so that no one card stays on top the longest.

Jun 13, 2013
UK
I can handle the cards perfectly and yes, they are all the right way up...

It just seems to be that one card that's the problem, I've messed around with all the Monarch decks and it's the same, even with the Medallions.

The advertising Theory 11 card must be different or a thicker material from the same stock that's why it's bending as such.

Brendan H.(4)

Elite Member
Jun 13, 2013
The ad card shouldn't be a different stock from the rest of the deck. Every deck within a deck of cards is from the same uncut sheet so it should be the same everything as the other cards except for design.

TaylorF

Elite Member
Jul 22, 2013
Texas
I notice this with most decks. Its the way you hold it mostly. You are applying pressure more on the bottom between the crotch of your thumb and beggining of your pinky. I think its that and the heat your body naturally gives off. Its this way for any of the cards, try it with a differnt card on the bottom. Its easy to fix, just bend it back the other way and its normal again.

Jul 22, 2013
California
Also, while I agree that handling could be an issue, all the ad cards are dark faced, border less fronts. In addition to the backing of the card, maybe the ink saturation slightly affects the structure of a card (like when you let a sharpie soak into paper). In case the T11 team is reading this, I don't have an issue, I just was considering the possibility :)

Gabriel Z.

Elite Member
Apr 26, 2013
NY
www.youtube.com
Red Monarchs

I recently purchased ten decks one of which were the red monarchs. That being said, I have not opened it yet because I am so appreciative of there elegance. Every now and then I will open up the box in which they lay and just smile at them. There is no record of me buying them here on theory11 because I bought them on Dan and Dave. I kiss them goodnight and tell them that they will be opened one day.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results