Red Wynns Review

Sep 2, 2007
La Crescenta, CA
One-two punch - one on the Blues, one on the Reds.

Box: Standard Bee Playing Card box, this time with a clear back so you can see the backs of the cards when you place them into the box. The red stands out more than the blues. 10/10

Card Back Design: Kinda weird, the backs are blood red. Not like the vibrant "blood red" that everyone likes to say for some reason, but an actual RUSTY red color, like coagulated blood. Design is still very nice though. 9/10

Ace of Spades: I really don't like the Bee AoS - it's too round, and WAY too flamboyant. 7/10

Jokers: A clown standing on a bee. Ugly, though. 7/10

Card Faces / Court Cards: I actually like the reds on this deck; even though it's the same muddy red as the Blue Wynns, it fits well with the backs. 10/10

Stock: I thought people were joking when they said the Blues and the Reds were made on different stocks. They weren't, unfortunately - if the Blues were as "stiff as wood", then the reds are as stiff as steel. Took me a long while to break these cards into the point where I could spring them properly, and my hands got quite a workout. Same size stock, though. 9/10

Fanning: They fan better than the Blues straight out of the box, but that's not saying much. Especially because they both sink into the same fanning feel when you break them in. 8/10

XCM: They don't handle as well as the Blues, but they still stay together better than almost any other deck. Also, they are TERRIBLE for faroing. Until, of course, you break them in. But I don't faro much, so... 10/10

TOTAL: 70 / 80 = 88%

Not as great as the Blues, but better suited for magic just because they're more durable and they slide better. XCM, however, Blue > Reds.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results