Repetoir

Jan 18, 2009
how many tricks do you have in your repitoir. what i mean is how many tricks do you do on a regular basis.
me i have about 30!
whenever i see a trick that i like, i find it, and learn it. my tricks seem to be piling up,and its hard to keep track of them all.

Jul 2, 2008
Ever since I started magic, I made a list of every trick I ever learned. If I don't remember them, I have their name and reference from where I got it to go back and learn it again if needed.

When performing regularly I perform about 10 different things.

Jan 28, 2009
Whangarei, New Zealand.
This is a hard question... as I practice all to a standards where I can perform it if the situation suits.

Also, are yu meaning single tricks or routines? As I may have one trick that lasts a minute, but one routine that lasts half an hour filled with many tricks but compiled in a way which shows them as one.

But I'd say I perform about 10 tricks regularly, with about another 10 ready at hand that I practice as regularly as the other 10. Routine wise I have about 5 FULL routines ranging from 5-30+ minutes.

May 3, 2008
I only do about 5 or 10 things on a day to day basis, but I have a whole other set for certain occassions.

Jan 18, 2009
This is a hard question... as I practice all to a standards where I can perform it if the situation suits.

Also, are yu meaning single tricks or routines? As I may have one trick that lasts a minute, but one routine that lasts half an hour filled with many tricks but compiled in a way which shows them as one.

But I'd say I perform about 10 tricks regularly, with about another 10 ready at hand that I practice as regularly as the other 10. Routine wise I have about 5 FULL routines ranging from 5-30+ minutes.

routines don't count just tricks.and that's way to long for a routine, 5-30
my routines are about 3-15 minutes. oh and also techniques those are serously piling up. i have so many that i can't count them,.

Jan 28, 2009
Whangarei, New Zealand.
That is not too long for a routine as this depends completely on the situation...

I perform in a resteraunt table hopping, but once a week I perform a 30 minute slot. It's a very relaxed routine and works perfectly.

So no, this is not way too long.

Aug 31, 2007
England
I have 10 stand up effects and 10 table effects that I can perform any time, and sometimes i may combine them into routines and whatnot.

Aug 31, 2007
Canada
Ever since I started magic, I made a list of every trick I ever learned. If I don't remember them, I have their name and reference from where I got it to go back and learn it again if needed.

When performing regularly I perform about 10 different things.

I have 10 stand up effects and 10 table effects that I can perform any time, and sometimes i may combine them into routines and whatnot.

These are perhaps the posts on this thread we should look at.

Just remember the story about the kid who told the famous magician that he knew over 100 tricks.

Jun 10, 2008
You little stalker!
I have about 5 tricks i do almost every day. They are:

Sloppy shuffle Triumph
Biddle Trick
Laced
Double lift Change Revelation
Ambitious Explosion

I also have like 10 other tricks that i use only when i've done all of those above and they still want more. Those are like Time machine, Rum Jungle, etc.

Aug 31, 2007
England
I also do something similar to Reuben, keeping a record of effects. I have an excel sheet with tricks/effects that I like, and i have columns such as standup/table, set up, difficulty, practicality, ideal number of spectators, source learnt from, creator, other inspirations, cleanness, patter, type etc.

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Again, I have a book in which I list every effect I've found of interest to me. At any one time I'll be able to perform about half a dozen effects perfectly. Then there are many many others which are "on call" - they're good enough to perform, but perhaps I haven't got everything as polished as it once was. So if I want to perform it, quick reference back to the text, a night's practice, and it's polished again. This changes for different circumstances - ie I have a couple of parlour/stage effects which as polished as well as my normal walkaround ones. There are some other ones I'll never forget or stop erforming (my Out of this World for example). There are also lots of others in that list in my book that I haven't performed for a while and would definitely need a few nights' practice to perfect again.

Nov 26, 2008
Bidde Trick
Deja Vu
Subway
A Trick I made using card throwing
"Just Joking" (made by theJokerMagic)
Dream Card by Ortiz

6? Not bad for 4 months eh? :]

May 3, 2008
Hong Kong
That is a really hard question
I have I would say around 30-40 tricks which I have near perfected,
BUT I only perform around 10 on a regular basis.
Some of these are routines, so Im not sure what you are asking for.
For example an ACR, Gambling demonstration, etc. Theses are routines but you say you want tricks... so... yea... If you consider the short things the Bucks teach tricks, then I have 0...

Jan 18, 2009
That is a really hard question
I have I would say around 30-40 tricks which I have near perfected,
BUT I only perform around 10 on a regular basis.
Some of these are routines, so Im not sure what you are asking for.
For example an ACR, Gambling demonstration, etc. Theses are routines but you say you want tricks... so... yea... If you consider the short things the Bucks teach tricks, then I have 0...

if their routined split them up into separate tricks. acr's are tricks.
i consider routined tricks a bunch of minor effects in one.

Jan 28, 2009
Whangarei, New Zealand.
if their routined split them up into separate tricks. acr's are tricks.
i consider routined tricks a bunch of minor effects in one.

Minor tricks?

I think your one of those people who would watch a trick by one person who does it amongst other tricks and thinks it's a minor trick.

Then watches the same trick on it's own buy with a lot of talk and story packed into it and calls it a big stand alone trick.

What Im trying to say is that it all depends on presentation. I could take any one of the segments out of my gambling routines and present it on it's own... the spectators would watch either and would call them both "tricks".

Apr 27, 2008
Norway
Me?

I perform 5 and 1 transpo, by Jay Noblezada.

If I'm feeling merry, Ill perform Ultimate transpo, or perhaps Election - if the situation is right.

That's it.

Gustav

Nov 19, 2008
I perform as many tricks as is needed to satisfy spectators, even if that means improvising tricks. I have about a dozen tricks that work for different situations, most of mine are made for one spectator at a time.

Jan 18, 2009
Minor tricks?

I think your one of those people who would watch a trick by one person who does it amongst other tricks and thinks it's a minor trick.

Then watches the same trick on it's own buy with a lot of talk and story packed into it and calls it a big stand alone trick.

What Im trying to say is that it all depends on presentation. I could take any one of the segments out of my gambling routines and present it on it's own... the spectators would watch either and would call them both "tricks".

sorry will.guy i meant wen you split a routine into all the effects that makes up the routine. wen i said minor i didn't mean a trick that could not stand alone.
your right any trick can stand alone with patter, or back story.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results