Replay by Richard Hucko :: Review

TITLE and Creator: Replay by Richard Hucko

Effect: This DVD teaches ten incredibly visual double color changes.

Price: $17.95 over at The Blue Crown

Teaching: Shot in Crystal Clear HD, Richard is a fantastic teacher. He goes over every single change in depth, breaking down each step. It was very easy to grab a deck of your own and follow through the steps as he explained them. Richard was also incredibly insightful as to where each of the color changes were inspired from. It's very obvious that Richard has been doing these for a while and is quite knowledgeable when it comes to card magic.

Quality of materials(if it is a gimmik etc): All of these color changes are done without the use of any gaffs or gimmicks. This is nothing but pure sleight of hand.

Difficulty: This is varies from change to change. Some of the changes, like the Double Erdnase change are not that difficult at all. Others, such as the one handed double change will take some time to get down. However, regardless of if you are a beginner or an expert, you will find a change that you'll be able to do.

Applications: Immediately when I saw the demo, I thought that these changes would look perfect on a demo reel. Additionally you could do some very cool 2 card, or even 4 card transpos utilizing these changes. While personally I do not think that I will be using many of these in my actual performances (they just don't go with my performance character) I am definitely taking the time to learn them all as they are great practice tools for other sleights or changes. In fact Richard even says that he hopes that the changes on this DVD will encourage you to develop your own.

Overall Rating: Overall I would give the DVD an 8.5/10, while I won't be performing these changes at my next gig or impromptu show, I will definitely be taking the time to learn them. I really enjoyed Richard as a teacher and I can't wait to see what else he has to offer the community. In fact I'm now even more excited to learn the Hucko Steal as it was very easy to follow along with his instructions in this DVD.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results