Research for movie -- want to be interviewed?

Oct 26, 2015
Hi,

I'm currently writing a movie. It's my second feature film and they always come from a place of great personal interest and authenticity.

I grew up loving and practicing magic as a hobby, and feel like real, traditional magic (not overly-romanticized or a bit hyper-real like The Prestige or Now You See Me) is rarely if ever deal with in movies. There is more to the movie, but I'd like to do research by interviewing a lot of magicians.

For context, my last film dealt with South Asian immigrants to the States in the 70s. I interviewed dozens, and it made the film that much more real and authentic and amazing (it's coming out next year, THE TIGER HUNTER - www.thetigerhunter.com ).

If you'd like to share your experiences, the interesting parts of being a practicing magician (the hard parts, the highs, the lows, funny jokes between colleagues, etc.), I'd love to talk to you in person, by phone or even share here if you don't want to do the former options. I'm in Los Angeles.

Lastly, though I ask this in a different post, just to satisfy my own hunger (I'd longed to go there for 10 years and only got in once) and also for this purpose, I'm trying to get into the magic castle. I'm happy to pay door fee and dinner. If anyone can help me, I'd be grateful.

Thanks,

Lena Khan

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
I'd love to talk with you about my experiences as a magician. Are there specific parts you'd like to explore?

As a side note The Tiger Hunter looks awesome. I'm a huge fan of Jon Heder.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2015
Hi Josh! I'm interested in...everything. When I interviewed the Indian immigrants...I talked to them about everything they found interesting, and then things they didn't even realize were interesting.

I got your PM, I'll reply tomorrow!

Until then - I'd love to talk to anyone else who is interested! Or you can share here if you really don't want to speak in person (Los Angeles area) or by phone.

Dec 29, 2011
Yeah I'd be interested, I'm in Australia so I don't think there is too much point in going beyond text but I'm still keen!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results