Reset Button

Nov 14, 2007
Mexico City
I just recently started with magic again and thus began reading this forum again. I figured: why not actually join the community whilst at it? So, as if I'd never been here before, here is me introduction:

I started magic when after a couple of kid parties (some years ago) with me amazed at the magicians, me ma gifted me a magic set (ye know which ones, most surely). Time went by and I thought I was mustard at what I did; and when one's a wee lad, everyone will act amazed.
Later on, I grew up and learned a couple of card tricks from me uncle (who would've thought?!); but I was getting ambitious. And unfortunately not in a good way. I simply started looking all around, jumping from A to C, to D, to B,...not practicing at all, not bothering on patter, never getting books but only single effect DVDs which I thought would comeout with X or Y deck... Buy, buy, buy. Nonetheless I was very happy. And then I somehow started to settle down and actually try and become better as a magician (not much practice, but at least trying it a couple of tenths of times before even thinking on showing me family a trick, a few more before I did it at school) only to, when I finally started to understand what it really took, enter culinary school. Study in the mornings, eat, work and sleep. All I did. I left the parkour I took, the magic I was only begining to really understand,... Even worse when I found out cooking was a hobby of mine and not something I wanted to live of (Currently aplying for journalism, for I was always good at it).
But now I decided to take off from where I left, and not at the same time. I will take off from where I left experience-wise, but I'm currently trying to start fresh technique-wise for it was quite flawed and, since I never bothered much with fundamentals (which are the founding pillars of everything) I'm attempting to "press the reset button" and start anew.
Appreciate ye having me here.

Apr 27, 2008
Norway
Hey, welcome aboard. We hope you enjoy your stay and will be fl-

Joking, but seriously, if you need anything, don't hesitate to PM anyone here. We're like a big field of beautiful flowers. There's a few thorns here and there, but I won't point them out ;)

If you're starting with the fundamentals, no matter what type, I'd recommend a book. Hugard and Braue for cards, Bobo for coins...However, if you still must go for a dvd - then try go to Ellusionist.com and looking through a few Brad Christian dvd's, he has good prices and great teaching skills.

G

PS: Bill Malone reference FTW!

Nov 14, 2007
Mexico City
I actually got firstly both Card Fundamentals 1-on-1's by Aaron Fisher and already got The Royal Road to Card Magic and the first two volumes of Card College. I'll do those in that order and I believe that should give me quite some time to stay busy practicing. Then I might just re-watch all the DVDs I had gotten.

Aug 31, 2007
Hello!

From your post above mine, with that material, you should be off to a great start. Royal road has so much amazing material in there, that most people overlook. Keep us posted on how it goes!

~Zach

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results