Respect

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sinful, Nov 3, 2008.

1. Hey everyone. Just so everyone knows, the below information is for the minority of the site. The majority of people here are kind and do their best to help others which is great. However, sometimes the minority can be a bit too much to handle. So please don't be offended if you are not the type of person I am addressing below. If you are one of those people, work on what I say. Thanks guys.

---------------------------

Just making a thread to remind everyone here to be a little respectful.

I'm not going to get into the details of what happened over the last 24 hours, but I'm sure many of you have seen it.

Last night there were 2 threads made. One of them was not only off topic, but it was not appropriate. May I remind you all that not everyone here is exactly in their teenage years yet? The fact someone posted the thread they did was just wrong.

Another thread.... 2 members whom I won't name have been in an argument with each other both on the public threads and through PM's. DISCUSSION AND DEBATE are always welcomed and wanted here. Personal bashing and arguments are not welcome here.

If any of you have a personal issue with someone, settle it through PM's. Now... to make things worse. One of the members publicly posted one of the PM's on the board. PM's are called PM's for a reason. They are private. I wouldn't want any of my own PM's posted on the board. They are meant for the receiver's eyes and him/her alone. Posting them on the public form is wrong.

Let's try to keep things respectful here. No bashing. (If you must, do so privately.) Also, don't post private information on the board.

Another thing that made me a bit angry is that the off topic/rude thread was not reported by anyone. Reporting threads make all of the moderators' lives easier. We get a nice little message saying which user reported which post and for what reason. It makes it easier for us so we don't have to read every little word that gets posted (although we generally do).

So please everyone, be respectful, if you can't, do so through a PM. Don't post PM's publicity. Report posts. It makes our lives easier.

Thanks for being awesome.

-Doug

2. I was not here to see the inappropriate thread but very nice thread addressing respect.

3. if you dont have any thing nice to say dont say it at all.... unless its though PM's

also i wont mess you Sinful because you have Chuck Norris as your avatar :D

4. I didn't catch said threads (I don't think - maybe I'm VERY nieve!) and feel a little left out, however, listen to Doug - He's a nice chap and he just wants the best for this forum!

Respec'

D.

5. Not exactly what I'm saying. I'm saying that if you have to pretty much go all out, do it in a PM. I and I'm sure almost everyone else doesn't wanna have to see the garbage in public. I guess I should've worded that better. However, I'm sure you get the point.

Thanks for the comment Dee.

-Doug

6. To quote from a great man

"Luk at you...all you eva do all day lon is cuss each odar...R - E - S - T - E - C - P. Do you even know wha dat spell?"

"restec"p...?"

"Howz U lot think, us out dere are going to restecp each oda, if you lot in ere...don't even restecp each ovar"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFKtHSlaMVI

PS: for those who didn't catch the reference, it is to ALi G - the man of RESPECT.

Good Idea Doug ;)

GW

7. I couldn't agree with Sinful more. I'm all about Peace and Harmony.

Both sisters are very nice and can dance like no one's business.

8. I reported the starting post! (Can you report an entire thread? o_O)

And lol @ ^. Hmmm. :rolleyes:

9. I'd also love to be a nerdberg! Kudos, petit croissant!

10. Funny shtufz!

11. Man, Sinful, I find kind of unfair that you tell us that nobody reported it....man, THERE WAS'NT A SINGLE MOD FOR ABOUT 1 HOUR, belive me we tried, so when rebel ace69 conected, finally the thread got closed, anyway I agree with everything else.

12. The thread last night about the PMing was quite amusing. I feel sorry for anybody who missed out. I think about 4-5 of my posts were deleted. I lol'd

13. its true, RebelAce came to the rescue

14. Personally I don't even think that there should be arguments going back and forth in PMs. I know it will probably continue to happen but hopefully it will stop. I hope magicians will continue to be looked upon as some of the nicest people.

P.S. 500 posts...Yay!