Restaurant Magic

hudsonhufham

Elite Member
Feb 8, 2013
I know this is a newbie question, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to double check here - When doing walk around restaurant magic I am assuming you only approach tables of people WAITING in food, not people who are EATING their food. Am I correct?

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
Absolutley, when performing at restaurants I only perform for those patrons waiting to be seated and waiting to receive their food.

Dec 9, 2015
The approach should be between the time they get their drinks and when they get their food. Easiest way to make sure you stay on the server's good side.

Justin.Morris

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Canada
www.morrismagic.ca
How would one even go about doing magic for a restaurant?

You need to approach the restaurant and sell yourself to them. Convince them that you can help them make money! (Lots of threads on this with some Google searching!) However there are a couple of other ways. One is to know the manager/owner. As most circumstances, who you know is so important!

I got started by being a busser (cleaning tables), and doing magic for servers tables when I was asked to (Doing magic helps get the server bigger tips!). Often if an order was messed up, or wait times were long, a server would have me go over and perform for that to lighten their mood. Or a server would have a larger group and would have me help them keep that table having a great time (again for better tips!)

Then I became a server there and did magic for my own tables primarily (as well as helping out other servers upon their request). The owners heard about me doing that and were initially concerned. Then they let me show them what I did and they quickly changed their tune and hand me come in for some shifts to just do magic. It certainly wasn't the quickest way, but I was just learning magic at the time.

Restaurant magic is a great way to learn and get some chops!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results