Restaurant Magic

Well this afternoon was supposed to be a typical day, I just went out to see Iron Man and beforehand ate at Ruby Tuesdays. I had my cards out on the table and the waiter asked if I did magic, I replied yes.
So I started doing some tricks, a sandwich routine with a 'double' cameo part 2 ending. Then I did a triumph, and a poker demonstration. I must admit it was pretty fun :D

One thing about this was after asking if I did magic he said, "Wanna do a card trick?" Quite ironic as he used this to ask me if I would do one, but that is also how a magician would ask he could do one.
The waiter ( who I forgot his name...I know I feel bad ) was a nice guy, he approached me and asked, another little reverse thing. During this I felt no stress or nervousness, he came nicely and wasn't a cutthroat heckler.
He said I was pretty good which made me feel good, he said "Heeeeeeeeeey" in an astonished tone more times than I heard before :D

If anyone else has had one of these calm, cool situations I'd like to here about them. Fun night, I wasn't planning on doing magic and it was funny as I thought of what to do (took me a minute after he asked) and I was a bit spaced as I thought.

~PaCo

P.S. Off-Topic: Iron Man was great

P.S.S. Watch after the credits

Thats enough off-topic, gonna hit sack soon anyway.

Mar 30, 2008
DC
Iron man was sick I agree with you.

Anyway, depending on your age you might be able to get a job there huh?

Dec 17, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
I find it strange that after seeing cards, someone immediately assumes you do magic..

RichmanMatthew, my parents are constantly putting me on the spot, moreso my dad. It's so annoying.

Mar 3, 2008
Sweden
Haha nice story. I was at my local hamburger restaurant and I was doing some flourishes. Then one of the guy at the other table asked me if I was a magician, and ofcourse I answered yes! Then me and my other magicfriend performed some tricks for them, like ACR and Here Then There. :)

I think it's fun when people ask you to perform not vice versa, but sometimes I'm not ready to perform so I say no, but when someone ask me to do a trick, it's always the ACR I start with :p

Sep 1, 2007
Sydney, Australia
I find it strange that after seeing cards, someone immediately assumes you do magic..

Well when someone sees you with cards they will assume one of two things on most occasions.

One: You're a card game player (probably a poker player).
Two: You're a magician.

Seeing as a restaurant isn't the best environment for a poker game (or any other card game for that matter), the latter was assumed. It's quite natural to assume someone who involuntarily brings out a deck of cards to be a magician or someone who knows a trick or two.

I hope I haven't confused anyone here.

Cheers,
Shanku

14 but im not sure about that resturant

RichmanMatthew, my parents are constantly putting me on the spot, moreso my dad. It's so annoying.

At "Jakeh", please, just call me "Matt".

At "Magic man93", I'm about 90 percent sure that magicians are treated differently. I'm 12 and I get gigs. We're not workers at the restaurants themselves, we're entertainers.

Aug 31, 2007
Before you start doing restaurant magic I highly recomend you pick up Live at the jail house

Dec 17, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
At "Jakeh", please, just call me "Matt".

At "Magic man93", I'm about 90 percent sure that magicians are treated differently. I'm 12 and I get gigs. We're not workers at the restaurants themselves, we're entertainers.

Will do.. you can call me Jake if you want.. Jakeh is fine, though. :p

12? Wow, that's pretty cool - I never would have thought someone so young would get gigs, no offense or anything. Well done.

Will do.. you can call me Jake if you want.. Jakeh is fine, though. :p

12? Wow, that's pretty cool - I never would have thought someone so young would get gigs, no offense or anything. Well done.

As far as I'm concerned, age doesn't matter. As long as you look professional and have talent, you should do fine.

BTW, Thanks for the compliment.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results