retaining top cards Zarrow Shuffle

Mar 22, 2016
I recently bought jason englands dead cut video, learned it, and then wanted to know the zarrow for one of the effects taught in the video, so i also bought his zarrow shuffle video, Am practicing that now. But in the first trick he does in the dead cut video, he some how always retains 3 or 4 cards on top at instant speed when he wants without having to make breaks etc. Seems as though he shuffles right into it instantaneously and knows how many he is holding on top as he zarrows the right packet underneath those cards. Is there information somewhere that shows how this is done? or methods of practicing this? thanks!. Love Jason's Stuff, he's my Favorite.

Reactions: Gabriel Z.

Gabriel Z.

Elite Member
Apr 26, 2013
NY
www.youtube.com
I think Jason England mentions a few sources on where to learn the Zarrow more extensively. One I believe he doesn't mention is the Card College by Roberto Giobbi. Aside from getting Jason Englands download on the Zarrow , you should also invest in Herbs DVD, he has a lot of material on there. Hope this helps.

Reactions: DominusDolorum

DavidL11229

Elite Member
Jul 25, 2015
Seattle
he some how always retains 3 or 4 cards on top at instant speed when he wants without having to make breaks etc. Seems as though he shuffles right into it instantaneously and knows how many he is holding on top

This is covered in his video on riffle stacking.

Apr 19, 2015
Florence, Italy
It is something achieved only by practise, that's what riffle stacking is!
It can be done by "feeling" at some point, but always double check with a quick look for retaining the right amount of cards.
The more you practise the less indecision it will appear as you stack the top.
Try to retain 1, then 2, then 3... cards on top of the deck, then stack them under 1, 2, 3... cards
Essentially, just learn to retain the right amount of cards from both hands, up to 4-5 is great, note it's a hard work.
I am getting off topic, cause you only need to retain 3 cards on top of a zarrow, but i'm sure you will get involved into riffle stacking soon or later ^^

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results