Revealing a Selected Card

I've been practicing different ways to reveal someones selected card from a deck (Example: Hot Shot Cut) and some of the ones I like but some I'm not particularly keen of the technique.

Just wondering if anyone has a favorite type of revelation. I would appreciate it.

brian.

Are you looking for something flashy or simple? Because if you are looking for something that is simple and not that flashy then Aaron Fisher's pop-out move might work. It is taught on "The Army of 52" gaff training DVD. It is taught somewhere else too but I don't remeber where.

Dylan P.

reveal a card... im still working on my performing skills ALOT so to help with my patter i just have memorize a card put it back and do the pass or whatever mix up the cards or whatever show them a card making sure its not theres having them hold it and explaining in some way how i could find there card and it being in there hand. thats a simple thing to do?

:edit: ur looking for flashy? im sorry i dont know any flashy stuff im pretty simple but im sure there are alot of cool things u can do good luck :)

Well, what I'm actually looking for is just the names of different types of revelations. To add on to the end of effects. (Example: ACR. Selected card comes to the top, turn-over revelation)

It's just an example though, ACR was just came to mind. Obviously turning it over is more suitable in an ACR . I'm just looking for other techniques to reveal a card.

brian.

Aug 10, 2008
In a rock concert
Well here are some ideas...

-Maybe a color change? they are both flashy and looks cool if done right, maybe a classic color change, when someone asks me for a quick trick, I usually reveal the card with the snap change...

-Maybe in your pocket??? You could palm it and get it in your pocket, or appear it somewhere else...

-Maybe a force? You could force the card to another expectator, telling them that they have a special bond that let's you get the card twice.

-If you want something flashy, or something flourishy, I recommend Motion dvd from daniel madison, there are some cool flourishes that end with the reveal of a card, like a sybil with a hot shot cut end, or a flourish where you can get four of a kind.... well maybe you can like those....

Also, there are a LOT od dvd's dedicated to the whole purpose on revealing the card inan amasing manner.... for an example I suggest...

Tagged

I saw it the other day and it lookd cool.... well hope this helps.:D

Apr 27, 2008
Norway
Stigmata is one of the harest hitting revelations out there, but it fits well only with the 'mentalist' approach.

Brian Tudor's Showoff with cards (trilogy, I think) has alot of flashy moves which can (and are) engineered for productions.

GW

Jun 10, 2008
Newcastle upon Tyne
Flashy revelations...

-flippant (Looy Simonoff). Taught in a multitude of places, I learned it from AoA.
Really good, super cool and pretty versatile little number.

-Ezra Tawhill's pop over. Similar in appearance to flippant, only without the wrist movement. This simply looks like the card miraculously jumps from the deck and flips, landing face up. Learned from Nate Kranzo's 'Outside the Box'.

-The Salamander flourish. I BELIEVE this is a move of Jeff McBride's, though I learned it from a Dave Forrest DVD (Trickery) and I think it went uncredited. Lonnie Dillan performed this in his much talked about Ghost deck promo.

-Obviously a well executed colour change is an excellent way to reveal a card.
My favourites have been talked about elsewhere, so I'll leave it at that.

Those are just a few of my preferred options, though I'm much more into 'reading minds' to reveal a card these days.

CL

Sep 1, 2007
Leicester, UK
www.youtube.com
From what I remember/know (As I don't own it) that's the original J.K. Hartman move, not Aaron Fisher's One-Handed Popover.

Aaron Fisher's OHP is my favourite one to do as a quick thing to find someone's card behind my back one-handed. :)

Simple mind-reading revelations but hamming it up the best you can is my favourite thing to do though.

- Sean

May 8, 2008
Cumbria, UK
Lennard Green's Top Shot?

Hold the deck behind your back and do Aaron Fisher's Popover move (my current favourite).

Um...the Molecule 4 1 card production taught on disk 3 of the Trilogy is quite nice.

I dunno, just learn a bunch of sleights and string them together.

Sep 20, 2008
Long distance spinner.

or a casual double lift- turnover and just waving the selected card (face down of course) over their hands, or blowing on it.

Are you looking for something flashy or simple? Because if you are looking for something that is simple and not that flashy then Aaron Fisher's pop-out move might work. It is taught on "The Army of 52" gaff training DVD. It is taught somewhere else too but I don't remeber where.

Dylan P.

Isn't Aaron Fisher's pop out move taught on the Trilogy?
Or is that a different move?

Jun 10, 2008
You little stalker!
Card to box
Invisible Palm to Box
Sandwich
Invisible Palm to Sandwich
card to mouth
card to matchbox
card to pocket
card to spectator's pocket
card to wallet
card to spectator's wallet
long distance spinner
color change
any pop out move
stigmata
mind reading effect
deck vanish

just to name a few

May 8, 2008
England
I like pattered up 'mind reading' effects.
I do like my erdnase colour changes too. :)
Also I often either cop the card to my back pocket and letting the spectator shuffle. Turn over the top card and appear to have got it wrong, then go through the deck only to reveal the card from your pocket.
Also my standard trick for 'show me...' situations is showng the wrong card, ego change to the right card and showing the other card is in my back pocket.

Anyway for flashy there's hot shot of course, molecule 4 is a good idea, inflight and I think falling from madness ends with a shoot out.

-S

Oct 28, 2007
i would go with randomwrath for the flashy stuff because some of the productions in there are awsome like the molecule spring reveal.

just make your own stuff up like do a cool flourish and reveal a wrong card change it presto!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results