Revealing?

Oct 14, 2009
I've noticed many questions and answers regarding Smoke, some of which I thought were borderline revealing....well, maybe. I don't know if it's just that I own it, but some people were discussing charging and tightening the gimmick, and I don't know if someone who doesn't own the trick would get a clearer idea as to what the secret it (not that it matters too much because it's highly unlikely anyone can make the gimmick on their own).

Anyway, feel free to discuss any other ideas you have as to what the limits are of revealing an effect (this thread does not just have to be about Smoke).

Thanks!

Sep 2, 2007
Denver, Colorado
Let's assume for a moment I'm having trouble with the classic pass. My problem is every time the deck is split (Deck is in my L.H., my R.H has the top half of the deck, the bottom half is tipped away from the top half, then three of the fingers on my left hand rotate the bottom half of the deck to go over the top) cards from the bottom half of the deck fall on the floor. In my description it's likely obvious where my problem is. I'm using three fingers to rotate the deck over, instead of one. Without that description, no one would know where my problem is. I've basically given away how to do the effect as well.

Also, if you go through all of the "I need help" discussions, you can typically piece together how an effect is done based on descriptions of each individuals problems. This is how "intelligence" is sometimes collected about "Top Secret" technologies. Tom Clancy read LOTS of different unclassified documents. He put them together with some educated guesses and wrote "The Hunt for Red October." The government showed up on his door step asking for his sources. It took a while to convince them he just used publicly available information.

I hope this helps.

I don't own smoke but I am looking at buying it, I have read several reviews and havn't learned anything other than what I could guess on how the effect works. I havn't seen anything like revealing and I'm sure that if there was anything of the sort that mod's or a T11 staff would snatch it up real ffast. If it seems like there are reveals around talk to one of the mods.

Sep 1, 2007
Cornwall
even if they know how to do it, 90% of magic today you cannot do it unless you buy it, or make something yourself
as for smoke, as soon as they said vapour, i knew what it was.

May 9, 2008
I don't think it's really any big secret as to what the gimmick is. That's why they don't show Dan White loading the smoke into his mouth. As magicians, if we would have seen this part of his performance in the preview, we would immediately know how the effect is done. Also if you're so worried about revealing the effect, then why create another thread talking about revealing the effect. #1 rule of exposure don't talk about exposure. #2 rule of exposure don't talk about fight clu... erm, exposure.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results