Reverse // Old Concept, Modern Approach

Sep 1, 2007
San Francisco, CA
Nice video Cody. I'm glad to see somebody has put some of my material to good use. I just tried out your routine and it's actually quite good. The angles get a bit iffy, but hey, it's not so bad.

David

Edit: The music is awesome. Joe Anderson's Hey Jude cover is amazing.

David Again

Nice video Cody. I'm glad to see somebody has put some of my material to good use. I just tried out your routine and it's actually quite good. The angles get a bit iffy, but hey, it's not so bad.

David

Edit: The music is awesome. Joe Anderson's Hey Jude cover is amazing.

David Again

Haha, I have the whole album and movie on my Touch. Across the Universe is worth the watch if your a Beatles fan.

And your very welcome, it's a great idea. And the angles, yes they're iffy, since the best and only angle is the one where the camera is positioned in the video. I've done it in real life though since I've practiced that change to no end, and it does work, when the changes goes well lol.

And I will post that review soon, been very busy.

-RA69

Sep 1, 2007
San Francisco, CA
where is the goat change from?

The first peek was in Dan and Dave's Artist video during the original T11 hunt. People like Ineski have posted their versions on Youtube as well.

Rumor has it the change will be taught on the upcoming companion DVD for the Trilogy entitled 'andthensome.'

David

Aos

Mar 6, 2008
i was going to say this as well
i was completely lost as to what you were doing until the change happened
all of your movements seemed arbitrary

Oct 8, 2007
For an effect that's supposed to reverse a card in just a flick, that took quite some time. Maybe I'm wrong but it seemed that there were too many unnecessary movements and replacements of the card that it kind of confused me at first as to what you were trying to do. I would have wanted it to be more direct, as in "get card, put in the middle, snap and reverse", if it's possible. Just some constructive criticism.

Otherwise, nice handling and "modern approach to the old concept".

Sep 1, 2007
Florida.
I found the handling extremely "fumbly", I mean here is the sequence of events:

Card Chosen.
Put face-down on the deck.
All around Square up.
Turn the card face-up again.
Put the card back face down.
All around square up.
Cut the deck.
out jog the card.
Take the card out and put it in the middle.
Finally the change.

That is ridiculous. It is not straight forward at all, I don't care if you have patter to cover it, because there is still no reason to do all that.

I could make a much cleaner, and faster version of that, with a DL and an Impulse change.

Mar 29, 2008
THHHHHHHHANK YOU - you are not alone critical thinker. I agree - nice video eye candy. Perhaps magic should have a new branch of magic. Like flourishes (cardistry) is it's own branch, and kid's magic, mentalism....perhaps, VIDICIAN or something like that. Guys that do magic on video, and think it will work in real life.

Nice change, really - but when you start talking about your angles and what you get out if it - I couldn't agree more with ace18.

Sep 1, 2007
San Francisco, CA
I don't get how you guys can criticize the angles when you don't even know the method.

I have to agree with the longevity of the effect, though. You did stretch it out quite a bit, when in reality it could have been done much quicker.

David

Aos

Mar 6, 2008
we know exactly what must happen
and doing it that loose is bad and will show it completely.

Last edited by a moderator:
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results