Review for Distortion and the Guardian deck

Sean.Cinco

Elite Member
Sep 2, 2007
Orlando, FL
www.seancinco.com
What's up everyone? This is my first review for T11. First of all, I would like to comment on the packaging. I did the cheap shipping and what I got in the mail was a box filled with the packaging popcorn stuff and the DVD, gimmick, and cards at the bottom. For $5 I was really impressed! Anyway, on to the review for Distortion.

As many of you have seen on Youtube, Cyril did the moving pips. When I saw him do this, I immediately had to know where to get it and how much it costs. After searching for quite some time, I found 5x5 Japan. Unfortunately, by the time I found out about 5x5 Japan it was already out of print and was $100+ on ebay. Next I found out about Michael Ammar's Visually Yours, but again I couldn't find it anywhere to purchase. Then I found out about Disortion by T11's very own Wayne Houchin. I bought it and it came in today. That made me really happy.

The basic effect: The magician shows the 4 and 6 of diamonds. He gives the 6 of diamonds to a spectator to hold face down and then proceeds to make the pips literally multiply on the 4 which then turns into the 6 of diamonds. The spectator then looks at the card to see that she is now holding that 4 of diamonds. The magician then hands the 6 of diamonds to the spectator to inspect to their heart's desire.

The gimmick: The gimmick is very well made. You can definitely see that there was alot of time and effort that was put into each and every gimmick. With proper care, it'll last for quite a while. It takes a little time to get used to using the gimmick...I really can't get into details without borderline exposure, but don't expect to get it down smoothly the first time.

The DVD: Wayne does an excellent job teaching his routine, as well as Michael Ammar's routine "Visually Yours". In the first part of the DVD, you'll see footage of Wayne performing Distortion to different people at Fisherman's Wharf. He also changes from himself to Harry Potter to David Blaine in under 5 minutes (everyone who owns this knows what I mean XD ). Afterwards, Wayne goes over some precautions about the gimmick that'll help make it last. And then he goes into his routine. Wayne went over every single detail that you need in order to perform Distortion. There's a couple sleights you need to know (one for the setup and one for the cleanup). These sleights really aren't anything to worry about.

The reaction I got from performing this: Once I got used to working with the gimmick, I went to my girlfriend's house and did a test run. Now she's sick of card tricks because that's all I show her. When she saw the pips multiplying on the 4 of diamonds, she went from :eek: to :eek: and told me that this trick was really refreshing to see because she's never seen anything like it.

That's about it for Distortion. As for the Guardian deck, there's only one word to describe it...SEXY. They feel like regular bikes, but they faro so much better than regular bikes. The deck also comes with a double back gaff card that you can use for other effects, which is really cool of T11 to do. That's about it.

Sep 1, 2007
Philippines
Great review. I personally think Distortion is good trick because like you said, it's something new. Now a days, some people see card tricks to be cliche and cheap. But Distortion make card magic more visual and miraculous. I'll be getting this sometime.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results