Review my controversial blog post

Oct 7, 2015
I'm a magician and wanted your thoughts on my latest blog, as it is quite controversial, and wanted to know if other magicians and laymen approve of what I have to say.

my blog post is:
How to become a magician

I'm not trying to give away magic on my blog, but am merely letting young magicians know where they can go to learn.

"But there is always a way to learn, no matter the profession."

Yes. It's called the Library. You'd be amazed at what you can find in a book these days.

The Three Rules of Magic: Note of clarification: Practice does not make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Repetition makes perfect.

So I'm not seeing anything here that is really controversial. You offer some solid, all be it sort of common sense kind of advice, that I think holds up well enough. Learn from books, learn from magic stores; they sometimes offer private lessons, learn from others, etc. But nothing here that would spark a controversy. So click bait anyone?

Oct 7, 2015
Thank you for your feedback,
"But there is always a way to learn, no matter the profession."

Yes. It's called the Library. You'd be amazed at what you can find in a book these days.

The Three Rules of Magic: Note of clarification: Practice does not make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Repetition makes perfect.

So I'm not seeing anything here that is really controversial. You offer some solid, all be it sort of common sense kind of advice, that I think holds up well enough. Learn from books, learn from magic stores; they sometimes offer private lessons, learn from others, etc. But nothing here that would spark a controversy. So click bait anyone?
The main reason I believe this to be controversial was because I have out specific places for laymen to find out where to learn magic, and while it may seem obvious to us. Non magicians may have no idea how to find these places.
PS. Sorry for click bait, it was unintentional.

Yeah I can see why you'd think that. But I don't think magicians care that much about telling someone to go learn from books. It kind of puts the responsibility for learning on the readers part. That's not really exposure. Now if you were flat out showing how stuff was done on your blog, especially if you don't own the rights to it, then that would draw some ire.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results