Reviews/ Cards/ Aladdin

Sep 1, 2007
San Francisco, CA
Hey guys here is a review on the Aladdin playing cards. They are currently not available for purchase in the US, except on ebay and other specialty site (I bought mine from ebay).

Backs//

The backs on these cards are simple yet elegant. They have a lot of feathers and smooth curves, giving them a much cleaner and simpler back than normal Bikes.

Faces//

The faces on the Aladdins are the same as the faces on Bikes, with the exception of the Jokers and the Ace of Spades. The Jokers have a small star inside a circle instead of the normal J as the index pip. The picture features a rabbit climbing out of an egg (What???) with two gnomes (dwarves?) climbing after it. It doesn'y really make sense to me. The AS has a single spade inside a lantern, with the words The National Card Co. on top,and Aladdin on the bottom.

Stock//

These cards are much thicker than bikes, so they are stiffer.

Handling.Finish//

I love the way these cards handle. They cling just enough to stay together while flourishing, but are smooth enough to fan. The cards are also much smoother than normal Bikes. I'm not sure how to explain it, but if you own some, you can tell. They almost feel like plastic. Aladdins are great for flourishers and magicians alike.

Overall//

I really like these cards, and I will definately be picking some up the next time I have the chance. I say pick up a deck or two, try them out, and if you don't like them, deal with it. yeah....

Peace out Homedogs,

//David.Misner::

Sep 4, 2007
These decks are sold practically at my doorstep, and for a pretty cheap price, no less. $3 SGD, work that out for your own currency ^^

Sep 2, 2007
I'll stick with my Tally's, bikes, and aviators (Actually...thjese sund like aviators..except These are thick, the the aviators are thin)

Aug 31, 2007
Someone once said that Aladdins should be renamed as Kevladdins, as a tribute to Kevin.

Anyway, while they aren't exactly the best cards ever, they prove to be pretty durable. I can have an Aladdin totally destroyed in the humid weather of Singapore, but once you leave them for a few days in the box, they bounce back immediately and feel better than before.

- harapan. magic!

Sep 1, 2007
Denmark
Whats with this buzz on Aladdins...?

I guess its because Kev used them in the Virtuoso video, or maybe in his own videos. They just seem to be getting more and more popular, and D&D havn't really been using them.

Aug 31, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
Kev H gave DnD a pack and thats the ones on the trilogy. these cards have no air coushin finish (unless you are talking about the new air coushin ones) and are some what like steamboats

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results