Revolution Cut Tips

Apr 2, 2014
So ive been cardistry quite a long time now, about 9 months, and i feel quite proficient at a decent amount of flourishes, but what i feel is holding me back is my revolution cut, its quite clunky and not very smooth at all. I have cards in my hand about 9 hours a day as my college let me do cardistry whilst I work, but no matter how much I practise the cut it wont get any smoother. Has anyone got any tips they can give or a link to a video tjhat gives tips on smoothing this move out?

Thanks a tonne:)

Jan 28, 2015
Hey Fivehandedchimp.

The Revolution Cut is my favorite one-handed cut, worked on that alone 4 hours a day for a week straight before I was able to do it to my satisfaction. It's smooth and quick and haven't seen anyone who can do it better, as good as? Sure. Better? Nope.

I'd have to see a video of you performing it before I could give you any tips however, because the default answer would be practice more, but if you're practicing 9 hours a day then that isn't the issue, unless you're only practicing the TRC an hour or 2 out of those 9.

If so, then I suggest not practicing any other Cardistry move beside the TRC, practice it until you can't stand doing it another moment, then put the cards down, take a deep breath and practice it some more.

For me the most difficult aspect of the move was getting my index finger to drop fast enough and get out of the way so the original top half could drop into my hand after the revolution itself.

|| Steven

Nov 9, 2013
When I first started to learn the revolution cut, I tried doing the rotation with the entire deck, making it a one-packet cut. Always keep practicing!

Mar 7, 2015
So ive been cardistry quite a long time now, about 9 months, and i feel quite proficient at a decent amount of flourishes, but what i feel is holding me back is my revolution cut, its quite clunky and not very smooth at all. I have cards in my hand about 9 hours a day as my college let me do cardistry whilst I work, but no matter how much I practise the cut it wont get any smoother. Has anyone got any tips they can give or a link to a video tjhat gives tips on smoothing this move out?

Thanks a tonne:)
Try practicing the spin slow, and then apply more speed to it. When I started making it I practiced only with half deck, and when I felt that it was smooth I added 5 cards each day until I had the complete deck. Hope that helps

May 1, 2015
Hey fivehandedchimp,

Took me quite some time to learn this cut. My tip would be to tape both the packets, so you can easily pick up the cards when dropped on the floor. This will enable you to learn the core of the cut faster. Good luck!

Stefan

Tower of Lunatic Meat

Elite Member
Sep 27, 2014
Texa$, with a dollar sign
One of the first cuts that, I believe, a cardistry should learn is a Revolution Cut. The biggest takeaway would be that you learn how to apply enough pressure with your fingers (in this case, your thumb) in order to perform a cut. One thing I noticed when I started learning theechanics of the cut is that my thumb would 'fan' out the top packet. This is completely normal and a part of the leaning process. If be interested to see how you're doing at this point, @Fivehandedchimp

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results