Revolution Cut

Hi,
Im working on Jackson Five and I have almsot all of it down pretty well but to complete it I must be able to do Genesis which involves the revolution cut.
I just cant rotate the packet around I can obviously do the charlier but I just can't get it down I don't want to blame it on my small hands but could someone help me out?
Thanks alot guys,
Michael

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 9, 2007
Hi,
Im working on Jackson Five and I have almsot all of it down pretty well but to complete it I must be able to do Genesis which involves the genesis cut.
I just cant rotate the packet around I can obviously do the charlier but I just can't get it down I don't want to blame it on my small hands but could someone help me out?
Thanks alot guys,
Michael

How could you have almost all of it down when you can't a revolution cut and
everybody knows that genesis involves genesis.:confused:

How could you have almost all of it down when you can't a revolution cut and
everybody knows that genesis involves genesis.:confused:

Sorry its supposed to say that genesis involves the revolution cut and i dont know with flourishing there is two moves I can't do the pressure fan and I don't know why or how I can't get them but I just need some tips any advice?

Aug 31, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
i have small hands and can do it but mine is a variation on the original
heres a quick guide
-go into charlier by letting half the packet drop into your palm the other levered with your thumb
-move your index finger around to meet the other fingers on the long side
-grip the pack with your index and thumb relax your other fingers
-move your thumb to the right turning the packet about 45 degrees anti clockwise
- all the other fingers stretch around the packet until they are opposite your index finger
-pinch the packet betwen your index and middle finger
-spin the packet round using your index as a pivot point when both packets are next to each other curl your index under the top pcket
- close with your thumb

hope this helps

heres a quick guide
-go into charlier by letting half the packet drop into your palm the other levered with your thumb
-move your thumb to the right turning the packet about 45 degrees anti clockwise
- all the other fingers stretch around the packet until they are opposite your index finger
-spin the packet round using your index as a pivot point when both packets are next to each other curl your index under the top pcket
- close with your thumb

hope this helps
O wow thank you so much at first i saw the discription and I said yeah ok how am i going to be able to follow this, but thank you for discribing it so clearly it did help alot I just read it and followed along and almost had it finally I can almost complete Jackson five!
Thanks

Aug 31, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
O wow thank you so much at first i saw the discription and I said yeah ok how am i going to be able to follow this, but thank you for discribing it so clearly it did help alot I just read it and followed along and almost had it finally I can almost complete Jackson five!
Thanks
no problem i find my way easier than the original maybe its because i have small hands i don't know but i ma glad it helped you

Vinnie C.

cardistry moderator / t11
Aug 31, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
heres a quick guide
- close with your thumb

hope this helps

I would not recommend learning it this way, the best way to go about this is to learn it the original way, it's harder to have to re-learn a move in the future. With practice you will be able to do it the original way, even if your hands are small. :)

The Trilogy has a section on the Revolution cut, check that out. :)

-Vince

Sep 1, 2007
Where do they teach the revolution cut in the trilogy. Please don't say flourishing 101.

Sep 1, 2007
Amsterdam
I would not recommend learning it this way, the best way to go about this is to learn it the original way, it's harder to have to re-learn a move in the future. With practice you will be able to do it the original way, even if your hands are small. :)

The Trilogy has a section on the Revolution cut, check that out. :)

-Vince

Why would someone relearn a move when he can do the same with a small hand motion variation? just because "the original must be betteR?", everyone does the same thing differently one way or the other even if they all just do the same movement, if a variation suits him/her better then so be it. the learning process of anything in this world involves in copy, improve and call it your own.

PS: It reminds me of the fantasy serie Wheel of time how it make fun of when Aes sedai's despite wilders learning how to use the source their own way.

Vinnie C.

cardistry moderator / t11
Aug 31, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
wat is wrong with my way i can do both ways but prefer my own its seems easier to spin around

I don't think it's best in this art to take the easy way out. What if you come across a move that your version doesn't work for? People will also give a little more respect to a person who does moves the way they are meant to be done.

Whenever I came across a tough move, I didn't change it so it would be easier or take less practice. I pushed myself to accomplish it the way it was made, and this pushing yourself to overcome barriers like this increases your skill, because you're putting in some good practice to overcome the barrier.

-Vince

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results