Rick Lax Binary Code 2

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
Rick Lax has created a self working trick that does what other self working effects do not. It is interesting, commercial and doesn’t require any preparation. I have tried it out in the real world and it gets great reactions.

Tearing the cards makes the difference. That action takes it from an ordinary trick to something that the audience remembers. That action also makes it a difficult trick to perform a lot. To perform the main version you need to tear about 20 cards. If you tear up a deck you have a great reason to pull out a new unprepared deck. It’s a sleight-less deck switch.

In my personal work I use a single deck of cards for signatures, I usually hand the cards out as they are signed. This leads to a small stack of hodge podge cards in the deck at the end of the night. A hodge podge deck of 15 or more cards is great for this effect. You can even leave the cards with the table at the end of the night. I have begun to present the effect as a funeral for the deck, it’s a little funny and a little morbid.

Over all I think that this is a solid routine. I love the idea of destroying a deck but you get an alternative handling as well that you can use a deck without destroying it.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results