Rider back or New Standard bicycle?

Oct 25, 2009
Hi everybody!
I would like to ask you a question, Theroy11 sells the standar rider back bicycles but I would like to know if are the old rider back or the new standard ones with the new box design.
Probably it's a stupid question but I need to know before to order some bricks of them.

Jan 5, 2010
T11 sells Bicycle Rider Backs in the new box -- that's all USPCC makes now. The cards are the same as always, but, as many have noted, the new box design is kinda lame. Old boxes are getting hard to find, so I recommend hoarding some away for performances if you can find them.

Or you can just switch to Tallies. T11 has the best prices around. No more Twilight Angels, sadly, but a much better card!

Last edited by a moderator:
Oct 25, 2009
T11 sells Bicycle Rider Backs in the new box -- that's all USPCC makes now. The cards are the same as always, but, as many have noted, the new box design is kinda lame. Old boxes are getting hard to find, so I recommend hoarding some away for performances if you can find them.

Or you can just switch to Tallies. T11 has the best prices around. No more Twilight Angels, sadly, but a much better card!

Thanks!!! :)

Apr 1, 2009
California
I don't know if it was a special christmas thing or not. But ordered a brick of bikes in the past couple of weeks. All are old boxes.

May 15, 2010
With Gerard Way
I don't know if it was a special christmas thing or not. But ordered a brick of bikes in the past couple of weeks. All are old boxes.

AWESOME! I do want to buy a good couple of bricks in hopes of the old boxes.

Tip: right now they are actually discontinuing the standard rider backs and replacing them with mandolins both in red and blue. You will see them in stores soon when rider backs start to dwindle so I would say hoard standard rider backs too. In 50 years I will be selling something on ebay and be very happy in the end.

Think about it. Discontinued cards such as some t11 decks which are not made anymore go for about 100$ or more on ebay. Though there were more rider backs made ya never know.

S.G

Feb 9, 2010
I thought I heard somewhere that the Mandolins are actually being produced by magicians. I don't think that the USPCC will get rid of the Rider Backs.

May 15, 2010
With Gerard Way
I thought I heard somewhere that the Mandolins are actually being produced by magicians. I don't think that the USPCC will get rid of the Rider Backs.

Well, the mandolins from what I have heard. And I have heard a lot and have been talking to my friend Bill Goodwin about this. It is something to do with all the gaffed cards magicians have created. And to have magicians be happy with this change the USPCC has had magicians work on the designs. For example, I heard from many that Paul Harris came up with the design of the mandolin backs.

Mandolins were developed due to new regulations on the rider back design. These regulations stated that because the rider back design was somewhat of a brand for the USPCC, they did not want that brand tampered with. Thus certain gaff cards that alter the back design or ace of spades can no longer be printed though the USPCC.

This started the mandolins. Developed by a few people including Richard Turner and Paul Harris. These cards were developed to look like regular rider backs to laymen, but be different enough for the USPCC to allow modifications. They have only been released through Murphy's Magic Supplies, so I highly doubt that they will replace standard bikes in Walmart. Mandolins were made to replace bikes for magicians, so that gaff cards could be used. Not to replace bikes al together.

Cheers

oni

Jun 10, 2010
Well, the mandolins from what I have heard. And I have heard a lot and have been talking to my friend Bill Goodwin about this. It is something to do with all the gaffed cards magicians have created. And to have magicians be happy with this change the USPCC has had magicians work on the designs. For example, I heard from many that Paul Harris came up with the design of the mandolin backs.

Paul Harris DID. It originally started because he tried to reprint the Twilight Angels gaffs and USPCC is ONLY DISCONTINUING GAFFS THAT ALTER TRADEMARKED PROPERTIES. This includes the Joker, Ace of Spades, and the back design. They are NOT going to stop printing double backers and cards that don't alter the copyrights. Bicycle 808 Rider Backs WILL. NOT. BE. DISCONTINUED. You want more information? http://www.murphysmagicsupplies.com/additional_files/MANDOLIN DECK FAQ.pdf <- That's the FAQ for mandolins, straight off of Murphy's. For those that don't know, Murphy's Magic Supplies, Inc., is the largest distributor of magic in the industry AND the only company with distribution rights for the Mandolins.

^Hope that answers all the questions - Really, the PDF has pretty much every question.

Aug 6, 2008
Woah this is new news to me. I did see the new ugly bicycle box in stores and was trying to find the regular 808 but couldnt find it. This seems all pointless to me, I mean if USPC really cared they would have never allowed it in the first place. Also its not like magicians are stealing the trademark design. Now some of my concerns are the ULTRAGAFF Deck it is my favorite gaff deck. So will it be reprinted with the mandolins? A lot of the cards alter the backs..

The USPCC was bought out and moved to Kentucky. With this buy out, a review of the company was made and it was found that the Rider Back design was their trademark. Thus they did not want it altered. Just like Nike wouldn't want people altering their logo.

As for the Ultragaff, there will have to be some changes so that the back, ace, and jokers go unaltered. E will not switch to mandolins as they are only distributed by Murphys.

Aug 6, 2008
Ah I see...what a hassle. So they say mandolins are supposed to be for the magicians but how is that when they are only sold by Murphys? How will they get it to be widely used when they are only using one website seller? Also I have another question I was thinking about buying Twilight angels, so if I buy it now will the gaff be in mandolins?

Murphy's magic supplier is one of the biggest magic distributors in the U.S. Pretty much every brick shop uses Murphy's and penguin magic does as well. This website and others like it are only a very small portion of the magic community. Vastly populated by the eager and influential minds of young teenagers.

As for the effect, you will have to find who the distributor of the trick is. I would do it for you, but I am sure you can handle it. If it is Murphy's then the answer is most likely yes, mandolins, unless they still have the old rider back ones in stock.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results