Hello!

I recently learned the riffle fan, and I'm hoping some of you could spare some tips?

When I perform the riffle fan, it only fans halfway... Not a full circle fan unlike most others. Can anyone help me get it to a full circle?

Thanks in advance!

Jan 29, 2015
In the end it's just a lot of practising and finding what works for you. I starting learning it about 2 months ago and only recently have i got it starting to look like this
Also if you post a video of you preforming the fan i could let you know if you're doing anything wrong.

Aug 14, 2014
In the end it's just a lot of practising and finding what works for you. I starting learning it about 2 months ago and only recently have i got it starting to look like this
Also if you post a video of you preforming the fan i could let you know if you're doing anything wrong.

That was pretty dope. But would you recommend having the deck slightly angled or used a bit of momentum to get them to spread out or something else?

Aug 14, 2014
Hello!

I recently learned the riffle fan, and I'm hoping some of you could spare some tips?

When I perform the riffle fan, it only fans halfway... Not a full circle fan unlike most others. Can anyone help me get it to a full circle?

Thanks in advance!

Hi Mr. lolhammertime.

I just want to start out by saying that as a fellow cardist, I respect you very much because of how dedicated and inspired you are. However, I've been following several of your threads here and I have to say that you are all over the place. You try to come up with your own flourishes which is not bad but I believe it's a much smarter decision to master some popular flourishes such as "Mocking Bird," so that way you gain dexterity, rhythm, and speed (I'm sure there are many other things as well).

I'm not trying to say that your flourishes are sloppy, but you are at an intermediate level, so the best advice I could give would be to practice at the very most three moves at a time, during a time span of one to three months, depending on what flourish you're trying to learn. Some may take less time to master, some may take more. For example, I spent two months trying to learn how to properly spring, and even now I still practice it so that I can get more distance and have it as fluid as possible. And even now, I've been working on Judo-flip since November and I still can barely get it done without having to use another hand.

This is just my personal opinion and I do not say this to discourage you. I hoped some of this constructive criticism will help you be the best cardist you can be.

Andrew Martinez out.

P.S. If you are just starting out I would definitely recommend Andrei Jikh's Genesis series.

Reactions: lolhammertime
Aug 14, 2014
Hi Mr. lolhammertime.

I just want to start out by saying that as a fellow cardist, I respect you very much because of how dedicated and inspired you are. However, I've been following several of your threads here and I have to say that you are all over the place. You try to come up with your own flourishes which is not bad but I believe it's a much smarter decision to master some popular flourishes such as "Mocking Bird," so that way you gain dexterity, rhythm, and speed (I'm sure there are many other things as well).

I'm not trying to say that your flourishes are sloppy, but you are at an intermediate level, so the best advice I could give would be to practice at the very most three moves at a time, during a time span of one to three months, depending on what flourish you're trying to learn. Some may take less time to master, some may take more. For example, I spent two months trying to learn how to properly spring, and even now I still practice it so that I can get more distance and have it as fluid as possible. And even now, I've been working on Judo-flip since November and I still can barely get it done without having to use another hand.

This is just my personal opinion and I do not say this to discourage you. I hoped some of this constructive criticism will help you be the best cardist you can be.

Andrew Martinez out.

P.S. If you are just starting out I would definitely recommend Andrei Jikh's Genesis series.

Also I forgot to add that I used to be just like you. I felt like I had to learn everything as fast as I could, but I would never really learn anything. Once I took a chill pill and my cardistry hype went down, I focused on a few and learned much more effectively that way. I believe there's much more to be said, but I think you'll learn a lot more as you go along.

Sorry for the long post, here's a picture of a potato
03085543-87de-47ab-a4eb-58e7e39d022e-620x372.jpeg

Hi Mr. lolhammertime.

Andrew Martinez out.

Thanks for the advice. I agree that I'm trying too many flourishes at once. I haven't even learned how to pirouette yet (lol). The reason why I'm trying to learn a lot of things is because I get tired of a certain flourish if I do it too much. By the way, where do I learn the Mockingbird sequence? I've been looking all over YouTube. I agree this will help me improve dexterity and such.

Aug 14, 2014
Thanks for the advice. I agree that I'm trying too many flourishes at once. I haven't even learned how to pirouette yet (lol). The reason why I'm trying to learn a lot of things is because I get tired of a certain flourish if I do it too much. By the way, where do I learn the Mockingbird sequence? I've been looking all over YouTube. I agree this will help me improve dexterity and such.

I know exactly what you mean by "getting tired of doing it too much." However, it's the only way you're going to learn and perfect a move. Plus, it's the most satisfying feeling when you get a flourish down and having it look really nice on videos. There's some pretty sketchy websites you can get a tutorial for mockingbird.

I know exactly what you mean by "getting tired of doing it too much." However, it's the only way you're going to learn and perfect a move. Plus, it's the most satisfying feeling when you get a flourish down and having it look really nice on videos. There's some pretty sketchy websites you can get a tutorial for mockingbird.
are the tutorials verbally narrated? I'm not the follow-along type of guy...

(and psst... you can still expect me asking for help in the near future because I'll be learning Mockingbird, and it's a hard flourish)

Jul 12, 2020
I started learning rifle fan by watching YouTube last month but still cannot make a 360degree rifle fan and my rifle fan sometimes drop,sometimes become half fan.Does anyone give advice how to troubleshoot about my rifle fan?

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results