ring size for the odyssey

Feb 17, 2017
hi, i am going to buy the odyssey ring magic trick. My ring size is 8.5(US if it matters) but am i supposed to get a 9? and i saw the trailer of how the ring jumps to the thumb. Does it have to be bigger so that is jumps to the thumb? Any comments would be appreciated!

Lyle Borders

Elite Member
Aug 5, 2008
Seattle, WA
www.theory11.com
Measure the ring size of the finger you want to wear the ring on. If it is a whole size, get that size. If your ring size is a half size, round up. Calen wears his ring on his middle finger, and that works perfect.

// L

Jul 5, 2016
Texas
Hello Mr. Borders. I own Odyssey and I too wear the ring on my middle finger. My size was 12.5 and I bought a 13. The metal ring seems looser than the gimmick (which is 14). Two weeks ago my ring fell of my hand into a public trash bin.... I got it out and I considered only wearing the ring for the trick and keeping it in my pocket the rest of the time. I also looked at ring spacers but I did not see any that matched my ring. I would like to wear the ring casually, as it is an amazing ring. Do you have any suggestions for a better fit?

Lyle Borders

Elite Member
Aug 5, 2008
Seattle, WA
www.theory11.com
Hello Mr. Borders. I own Odyssey and I too wear the ring on my middle finger. My size was 12.5 and I bought a 13. The metal ring seems looser than the gimmick (which is 14). Two weeks ago my ring fell of my hand into a public trash bin.... I got it out and I considered only wearing the ring for the trick and keeping it in my pocket the rest of the time. I also looked at ring spacers but I did not see any that matched my ring. I would like to wear the ring casually, as it is an amazing ring. Do you have any suggestions for a better fit?

The Gimmick ring WAS a 14. When we put together Odyssey sets the gimmick ring loses a bit of its size (if you own the trick you can see why). It should now have a similar fit to the non-gimmick ring, though a different material. This different material will mean it is less likely to slide around if your ring is too loose.

If your non-gimmick ring is so loose it can simply fall off at random times, it is more than 1/2 size too big. You probably should be looking at a size 12 ring. The paper sizer is not the best tool in the world for measuring your ring size - it is just the best we can do online. Go to a jeweler to have them fit your finger for a ring (most will do this for free) to get a more accurate size. We offer Odyssey gimmick packs in the refills section of your account, and you can pick up whatever sizes you would like.

// L

Reactions: Elok
Dec 18, 2016
I'm planning to buy odyssey and have large fingers, so I have to order size 14. Will the gimmicked ring be size 15? Or do they not make that size for the gimmick? Thank you!

Jan 26, 2017
Virginia
I'm planning to buy odyssey and have large fingers, so I have to order size 14. Will the gimmicked ring be size 15? Or do they not make that size for the gimmick? Thank you!
The gimmicked ring will be size 15, and this will make it perfect for someone wearing a size 14.

Jan 26, 2017
Virginia
Awesome. Thank you so much for replying. Just wanted to make sure everything would fit right before spending my $35. Thanks again!
No problem! Make sure your finger that you will wear the regular ring on actually is 14 though, or it might be too loose (the gimmick will be fine though).

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results