Ringtone by Adam Grace

wow, I'm surprised there are no reviews of this effect yet. Well anyway this is my first review, and in no way a professional opinion...Well, here we go.

THE EFFECT

In effect, you hijack the ringtone off their phone. When someone calls, their phone lights up as usual when the call comes in, but ------ only the NEW song plays. The ringtone they HAD on their phone goes bye-bye.

You'll do this on everyone you meet. Think of the bets you could take! "Bet I can give you a new ringtone without changing a single thing on your phone".

Most people wouldn't be caught dead without their cell these days. They live on it.

So hit them where they live.

Ringtone's the simplest trick you ever did . Great tricks are simple. No Bluetooth, no downloading, no fuss, no muss.

PERFORMANCES

there were several performances on the dvd, one of them included a spectator that almost messed the trick up, but Adam handled it very well and goes step-by-step over how to handle things like that, he is truly an amazing teacher!

there are 3 versions of this trick, a sleeveless version, a long sleeved one, and one that involves a card box. I will explain all three of them and review them all separately.

VERSION #1-sleeveless

this version is great for smaller groups, it is fairly angle-sensitive, but it is my favorite out of the three. It is easy and looks the most natural out of the three. 4/5

VERSION #2-sleeved version

I have not yet gotten this one to work yet, and it's a little akward looking, but if you can get it to work, it's fairly angle proof, and it is really clever. 2/5

VERSION #3- card box

this one is good, it is completely angle proof, and works well, especially is you are a card guy. The only problem is that putting the phone on the card box looks kinda suspicious, you can pull it off if you do it right, but if you can't, then it will just look bad. 3/5

TEACHING

Adam Grace is an amazing teacher! I had no questions after watching the dvd. He goes over every aspect of everything, he explains how the trick came around, the ideas behind the trick, he even goes over how to change the batteries! which is weird because pretty much everyone knows how to change batteries, but Adam is just that kind of teacher...

CLOSING THOUGHTS

in closing, this trick is great, I definitely recommend it, for 40$ it is a little expensive, but it is completely worth it. If you take time and practice it, this trick will give you amazing results.

overall rating= 4/5

RECOMMENDED

well, hope this helped, please tell me what you think of my first review, thanks for reading!

I hate techno effects because they are just -too- easy for spectators to debunk.

Wise magician once told me: "It really doesn't matter if the spectator is right or wrong about the 'secret move' that made the trick work. So long as they think they know the solution the trick is equally spoiled."

Maybe this is one to be done for close friends or co-workers but it's not a show worker.

If 10 is next to godly, and 1 is crap I'd have to give the effect a 5. It's cool, but I think it lacks practical use.

Mar 10, 2009
I got Ringtone a couple of weeks ago and I have to say it ROCKS.

I love tricks that you seem impromptu and deal with real world items (ie. a cell phone). This trick is super easy to do and really powerful.

The only thing I didn't really like is having to force a ringtone but thats not really a big deal. I've e-mailed Adam so I don't think he'll mind me sharing my idea.....but instead of forcing a ringtone/song you can do a ringtone switching routine where someone calls your phone to confirm your ringtone....someone calls the spectators phone to confirm their ringtone. You than put your phone in your pocket, have some call the spectators phone and your ringtone plays. It's DEFINITELY coming from their phone and not your pocket in case anyone is wondering.

Adam has put together a great DVD, the teaching is very comprehensive.

I say buy........it's a no brainer.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results