Ripped At The Seam

Michael Kras

{dg} poet laureate / theory11
Sep 12, 2007
Canada
www.magicanada.myfastforum.org
Hey Guys,

It's been a while since I last posted a legitimate magic video, so here's one now. Ripped At The Seam is a torn-and-restored card effect using only one card that is based on the Paul Harris effect "The Ultimate Rip-Off". This effect will appear as a special bonus to people who purchase The Spring Change Video Download from Vanishing Inc Magic upon it's release in a week or two.

I'd love to hear your thoughts, on all aspects.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVEMa-2P00c

Michael Kras

Jv

Jan 11, 2008
Haha, "Micheal!".

I created something very similar to this, but you perform this very, very well.

Very believable and I like the fact that there's only 1 card in play.

Although I do have one concern with it and I think you know what it is. ;)

Jv

Jan 11, 2008
Very cool and yes that's what I was talking about, haha. Enjoyed it very much. This is a T&R I definitely see myself using.

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
Michael,
It looks pretty good. The only thing I don't like is that you cannot show the pieces ripped off...the spectator has to believe it is behind your "closed windows" fingers.

However the best part that it is using only one card so I see some pros and cons.

Nice work though....and I loved the "I'm filming at the end...." Ha Ha. Classic.

Michael Kras

{dg} poet laureate / theory11
Sep 12, 2007
Canada
www.magicanada.myfastforum.org
The effect definitely has some cool features to it, but I admit there are also a few cons to the effect... I still use it a lot, because I feel I've got it timed well enough to be at a maximum deceptiveness, but the fact that it has some noteable cons and the fact that it's simply my variation on Paul Harris' original Ultimate Rip-Off is why I've decided to include it free with The Spring Change download.

Oct 18, 2008
www.youtube.com
I really like the effect and how your presented it, but It's great that you make your videos without weird angles so we can see exactly what's going on. It's like a live performance, but the best part was the ending by far haha.

Nov 3, 2009
looked awesome :D i have an idea of whats going on, but flipping the card over just to show the face was great!

Aug 31, 2007
Michael- congrats on getting this on Vanishing Inc!

I came up with an effect similar to this, as well as a few other TnR ideas a while back, in that stage everybody goes through where you rip up 7 decks of cards playing with TnR concepts ;)

Good Job,

~Zach

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results