Rope Fraying

Aug 18, 2008
if it is nylon rope you can fuse the ends with a lighter
if it is cotton you can wrap a small string around the end many times and tie it off to stop the fraying

Jan 13, 2008
Regular white glue. It soaks into the ends, hardening them. So, you end up with ends that look like nothing has been done to them...except, really they're hardened, and thus won't fray. This method looks a LOT better than any other method I've tried for keeping the ends from fraying.

Although probably mentioned by a lot of people, I got this advice from Dan Sperry in a previous thread. :)

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
Chris, I have had this problem as well with my cotton rope so for practicing I just keep trimming the ends when they get bad. Then I have my performance pieces set aside just for performing and not practicing. Same rope...I just don't touch the performance pieces until its time.

I would think Elmer's white glue on the ends would be perfect. I'm going to try that on my practice pieces tomorrow.

Jan 13, 2008
I would think Elmer's white glue on the ends would be perfect. I'm going to try that on my practice pieces tomorrow.
Yup, that's exactly the type of glue I'm referring to (and use myself). Works wonderfully (for me, anyway...should for you as well, hopefully, heh). :)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results