Rope Magic Resources

Dec 26, 2007
Hi guys, I have recently been looking into rope magic in an attempt to broaden the range of my repetoire. I have searched for information but have struggled to find any.

I would like to know of any resources that you guys know of which teach a variety of rope effects. I am hoping to use this magic in a restaurant so would appreciate any advice regarding the performance of rope magic at a restaurant. I would prefer it if only rope and perhaps a ring was required i.e no diffiuclt props. I have found this clip ;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouWDoFm18uw

which I believe demonstartes the sort of magic I would like to perform with ropes - instant, and visual, prefferably with an instant reset.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Kieran

fiber optics extended is a great resource for rope magic. its just what you are looking for.
acrobatic knot is really good. but takes a little set up.
when i do resturaunt work, i usually have one trick with me that requires a little set up. so if there is someone there important or w/e i have a killer trick i can do just for them
but fiber optics is perfect for resturant

Dec 26, 2007
Thanks for the quick response guys! I have just checked out the trailer and you were right, that is exactly what I am looking for - thanks again. Any other suggestions would still be appreciated though :) By the way, can I just ask - is it worth getting the extended version, or is there little difference?

Last edited by a moderator:
Dec 26, 2007
Sorry to double post, but i just came across this routine:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3D9xvhWfRk

and was absolutely blown away by the fluidity of movement and logical actions. I was curious if any of you own the book 'Award Winning Rope Magic of Francis Tabary' and whether or not this routine is taught, nd if the book is good value for money? does it provide and wide range of magic and is it better or worse than fiber optics. I appreciate this is a hard comparison due to the fact that one is a book and one is a DVD but and feedback is helpul.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results