Rose Magic

Aug 28, 2009
Athens,Greece
Hello guys,I hope everyone is having a good time.
So,what I wanted you guys to help me out with is this:Rose Magic.
I think I really like this magic and I want to learn more about it.
Specifically and before everything else, I want to learn David Copperfield's Trick, the floating rose.
So, if someone knows if and where this trick has been published, I would really like to know.I would like you to respond to this even if you know where I can learn parts of the trick (one part is the making of the paper rose from a paper sheet, one is the levitation part and the other is the change for the real rose).
I want to know how to perform the trick in this way, but I am also interested in a variation of it where the rose does not levitate and it catches fire by itself to change into the real one (anyone who has seen the movie Next knows what I am talking about).
Finally I would like to learn other places where I can learn rose magic.
So that's it guys.I hope someone out there can help me.
Thanks.

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
if you want to know how to make the actual rose it is not that difficult and you can look it up on youtube
other than that i cant tell you

Don't support internet exposure! The actual folding part isn't too bad for the magic bits, the effect was created by Kevin James. It's the Kevin James floating rose.

P.S. the reason I quoted you was because at a first glance it looks like you might be telling him to learn the trick on youtube. I know that's not what you meant so I clarified. I hope that's alright.

Last edited by a moderator:
Feb 4, 2008
When I first got my Micro ITR I purchased a little $2.00 booklet called "Invisible Thread Reel: A how to guide 4 everyone," by David Blevins. The Keven James effect was taught in there but I don't know where you can find that booklet anymore?

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
Keep in mind that 9 times out of 10 that I have seen David and Kevin perform this (including the time my wife was on stage with Kevin)...they use the microphone stand and it needs to be there for a reason. I won't go into exposure but you need to have the right amount of lighting as well or it looks horrible. David normally does his out in the aisle and Kevin does his up on stage.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results