Routine Help

Mar 16, 2009
USA
I'm expanding my close up routine and i want to get a blister effect. On Ellusionist there are two: Branded and Third Degree Burn. Which of those two would you recommend? Also, is there a decent amount of good money magic (bill and coin) in the Art of Astonishment book 1?

Also, how is Fraud's set up? Is it practical? and can it be repeated with a different bill or do you have to re-setup after each one?

Mar 16, 2009
USA
I'm looking to expand because someone talked to me about doing walk around magic at a party so i wanted to expand my routine with enough time to practice. (the events i do will probably be in the summer.)

Dec 4, 2008
Fraud's setup is practical, but it must be done ahead of time. If you let the spectator keep the bill afterward, then you must make a new bill after every performance. Other wise it can be the same bill that is used, but there is about a 2 second setup that needs to be done before you perform. I don't use Branded or Third Degree burn. I use an effect called Pyro Perception, and it is an a good blister effect. I believe it is $20 at penguinmagic.com. It will only blister 4 different cards though.

Jul 21, 2008
Ohio
Fraud's setup is practical, but it must be done ahead of time. If you let the spectator keep the bill afterward, then you must make a new bill after every performance. Other wise it can be the same bill that is used, but there is about a 2 second setup that needs to be done before you perform. I don't use Branded or Third Degree burn. I use an effect called Pyro Perception, and it is an a good blister effect. I believe it is $20 at penguinmagic.com. It will only blister 4 different cards though.

I personally like Pyro Perception. Its nice for what it is. Like I said though, I like it but don't love it.

Mar 2, 2008
I have pyro prediction, i almost got it for free but i felt bad so i payed for it.

It was worth every penny.

Just make sure you have the "feeling" down before you try it, don't try to jump into it.

Dec 4, 2008
I have all of Daniel Madison's products except lethal, but I have not had the time to look through all of it. I just looked through collateral and found the blister effect. It is very good. Pyro Perception gives you an option of four cards that can be used at any time. But for Daniel Madison's effect only one card can be used at any given time. His handling is much cleaner though because you dont need to go into your pocket for any reason.

Dec 11, 2008
i think you should get branded because i think it's more practical and it's done all under their noses. GET IT NOW

Mar 16, 2009
USA
Thanks guys. Two more questions: Do you think doing Stigmata in the same routine as a Blister effect would be too much of a similar plot (writing card or initial on body)? Next, does anyone have any other suggestions for money tricks (coins or bills) from T11, E (factory sealed?), Penguin, or Tannens website? I'm not looking for very hard coin sleights, but i am looking for a few good money related effects that aren't that hard and aren't really angle sensitive so i can focus on presentation for "walk-around" parties. (I have Prophet and i'm thinking about Digital Dissolve). How is the Coin Magic in DG's Projects? I know i've asked alot of questions so thanks a lot in advance.

Dec 4, 2008
I like Digital Dissolve and it is fairly easy to learn.

As far as additional resources on money tricks, I learned a lot from Jay Noblezada's Money and In The Beginning there were Coins DVDs. They are both available from Penguinmagic.com.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results