Routine Help

Aug 31, 2007
Yo everyone. Now I have this routine that I'm workin on right now that I'll be preforming tomorrow but I'm having some trouble with the ending of my first trick. What happens is that I tell the spectator to pick a card, then I return it to the deck. I then tell them that the deck has sound waves and you can actually listen for certain cards. So I listen to 3 cards that will tell me about the spectators card. First I tell them to put on a poker face so that no matter what they see I won't be able to figure out anything about their card. I then start turning over cards one at a time, each telling me a little bit about their card. The first card they see is their card (which I do not notice/know) and I say that this card means their card is red/black. The second card I turn over means their card is either a numbered card or a face card. The final/3rd card I turn over tells me where there card is located. Let's say this was a two, so I spell out t-w-o laying down a card for each letter. I tell them that the next card is their card. Now this is where I'm having trouble because I either get silence because they're still holding their poker faces or people will actually give a reaction. I then reveal that the card I'm holding is actually their card. If anyone could please give some comments/suggestions for the ending I would be so grateful.

Thanks,
Tyler

(Also, Thank you for reading this entire post)

Sep 1, 2007
Leicester, UK
www.youtube.com
Let them know that they can get rid of the Poker face. :) Guiding your spectator will further help your relationship with them.

If they're not sure what they're supposed to do whilst you do your magic, they may become uncomfortable and slightly withheld.

Talk to them. Don't be afraid, unless you make a habit of performing for werewolves or vampires, they don't bite.

- Sean

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results